• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The One I Loved Back Then Is Home

I think I just saw the 4 speed car on ebay?
It’s a near twin. Mine had a buddy seat rather than a console, and a vinyl top. Also had numbers matching engine, other car has a warranty block.
IMG_2273.JPG

Last edited:
appears to be a great, solid, 'honest' car

View attachment 1374582
The GTX truly rose from the ashes after being driven during five PA winters. Julie Clark spent a year hunting NOS sheet metal and trim parts, then placed the car with the best body shop in the area to bring it back to life, as a surprise Christmas present for her husband Bill. She told me the story when I visited her during Christmas break from law school in 1981. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it from the source. Julie was frugal, and not remotely into cars. The grille and trim parts were removed from the car when it was rotisserie restored 20 years later, and replaced with fresh NOS. I have the originals, with only 7000 miles on them.

I never imagined that the car would come back to me in such spectacular condition. I'm still having trouble comprehending that it is parked in my garage, looking better than when I slid behind the wheel on September 3, 1970.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back