• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Proper way to cook a Rib Eye steak

Mario what's going on with the large crowd at FMC..
tumblr_static_6l69zzshso84ogckwcg04ssss.jpg

Looks good! Personally I throw either sirloin or skirt steak on the grill and call it done. Sirloin close to rare, skirt steak medium rare with A1...delicious

I use a Kamado Joe, and do it thusly (better than steakhouse):

1. Fire Kamado Joe (or Big Green Egg, or other Kamado) and heat to 600 degrees.
2. Prepare steak by rubbing moderate amount of Kosher salt on all sides.
3. Sear steak for 1-2 mins each side, depending on how well-done you like. Turn 45 degrees after 30 secs for cross-hatch grill marks, if desired. If steak is very thick, increase cook time (but not by much).
4. Allow steak to rest for at least 5-10 mins (may cover with foil to keep hot).

**if you have no Kamado grill, you can grill the steak on the hottest your grill will go, for 2 mins each side. Finish steak on a cast iron pan in the in-house oven at 500 degrees for another 2 mins or so.

Enjoy!

I'm about to eat weeds.....uh, run the weed eater and then eat something grilled.

Wow. You got some tasty looking meat, and some top shelf treats too.

I broke 3 weeks if sobriety and am finishing a Heineken. I will wash it down with several more...
Oh man...."You got some tasty looking meat".....never in my life would I say that to another guy!! :D Maybe you need to do more than 3 weeks of sobriety.....:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back