• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Thunderbirds air show was cut short this year.

SteveSS

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
The rain and low ceiling made things difficult for the team. It was still cool. Because the jets swing low over the stadium they have to climb to make the turn over my house. The USAFA is in a valley so they have mountains on the east and west sides. Much taller on the west though. I usually get a pretty close look at them. Of course, Sleepy Uncle Joe stole the show this year by taking a dive on stage.

thunder1.jpeg
thunder2.jpeg

It's funny, the highway patrol is out in force keeping drivers from pulling over on Interstate 25 to watch the show.

Edit: Kiwi your fascination with girls with nuts concerns me somewhat.

Also during his speech, the President couldn't remember the name of the Thunderbirds. He paused then said, "Just those people that are going to be flying over soon." His speech was all about diversity and he made sure everyone knew the Thunderbirds had 3 female pilots.

Last edited:
I was in VF-101 when we had Tomcats for a demonstration team. Much bigger and faster than the F-16. Double the engines and could break the sound barrier without a dive. They would practice often over NAS Oceana. Good times for a great aircraft.

Auto Transport Service
Back