• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Who or Led Zeppelin?

think about it and pick one...... you can go back and change your vote if necessary

• The Who

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 51 76.1%

• Total voters
Two different bands coming from two completely different musical foundations.

I listened to A LOT of The Who especially Who's Next- By numbers-Who Are you-Face Dances era
I listened to A LOT of Led Zeppelin- Especially 1 through Houses of the Holy (still can't get into Physical Grafitti and most of Presence)

Love both.

I haven't listened to the Who in a long time.
I still listen to LZ.

LZ over the Who and both over The Stones.

both great bands , i saw who live several times , awesome high energy show ! led zeppelin was playing here on my birthday once but cancelled show , never got another chance to see them … years ago i would of voted who but now appreciate zeppelin currently as i kinda favor blues these days. i listen to a decent variety of rock but blues is been my favorite for quite some time ….

The Who over LZ any day .. I’ve heard LZ like a broken record..The Stones over all, Keith Richards guitar playing is awesome... Jagger is Jagger while I was a kid in the disco era and don’t care for it they pulled thru unlike some others and are still filling the stadiums... Bill Wyman RIP .. They were / are an interesting group.. To each their own! Beast of burden was around that time too. I also really like the early Stones and some Muddy Waters sound in it.

For me, The Who over Zepplin. But Stones are usually playing in the garage: Beggars Banquet to Its Only Rock & Rock.
I saw The Who here shortly before Keith Moon died. Hanging around behind the arena after the show and got invited back stage.
Daltrey is real short.
Entwistle subdued.
Townsend said he cut the show short cuz he wasn’t feeling it.
Moon had a young girl on each arm.

I've seen them both. In the 70s. Zeppelin was a far better band.

This is a hard one as I love them both.

I prefer Daltrey over Plant (Plant is not enjoyable live except when he is crooning)
I prefer Page over Townsend, though I really enjoy Townsend's showmanship.
I prefer Moon over Bonzo, but Bonzo above all the rest.
Entwistle and Jones are so equally great, I would have to just say it's a tie... except that I give the edge to Entwistle for going out with epic rockstar style.

In the end I just asked myself this question: If I was forced to keep only one of these bands on my forever playlist, which would it be?

The mighty Zep, of course.

KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND
e7397e7aff365240e49762a23c4db283.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I never got into the hype of the Led - but the Who was/is legit rock royalty, ironic since they were
always about being the reprobates of music.
Entwhistle was simply a beast on bass, a master many still emulate to this day - and Townsend
is a masterclass songwriter.
Daltry still owns the best scream in rock history, too. :)

While I appreciate the mod/punk-ish side of the Who, I'm gonna have to go with Zep.

My wife would say almost the opposite.

Who does get a bonus point for dropping the F bomb in Who Are You, that got played on national radio without anyone noticing for about 40 years.

Led Zeppelin ! between those two.

I can not ever get past Pin Ball wizard.

Auto Transport Service
Back