• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thermostat Housing Help Needed

A NOS thermostat housing would never be painted , I would expect a NOS one to be Bare. Please Correct me if i am wrong.
I think you are 100% correct. Some people don't know the definition of NOS. They think it just means original part.

So I have a 66 Coronet with 318 Poly. This car had been sitting for awhile so I am going through the engine and replacing most of the gaskets (a lot of oil and water leaks). So I took my thermostat housing off and it's pretty corroded. Figured I'd just go on-line and buy a new one........... I can't seem to find any place that has the correct one. I find a bunch of the ones for A/C cars, but none like the one that I have, that is non A/C. Does anyone know of another part that will fit or will I need to hunt down an original? I attached a picture of what mine looks like. TIA.
View attachment 1219014
Yours appear to be a '57-'60 unless yours is rusted through, or has badly pited sealing surfaces, you can clean it and reuse it. It all metal, not aluminum. Bone yards. I may even have one. Let me know. Ed

Yours appear to be a '57-'60 unless yours is rusted through, or has badly pited sealing surfaces, you can clean it and reuse it. It all metal, not aluminum. Bone yards. I may even have one. Let me know. Ed

Well, whether it right or wrong, I blasted it and filled the pits with JB Weld and sanded it all down. The bottom surface was cleaned up and checked to make sure it was flat. I think I can get a good seal out of it now.
3wSYNM6iUixY7QfWAZtHV0HAY_ZGMDtz8m-NLAzGbsD-CANfIHmPGViB9zpMG-8d-Sj6eq7b=w706-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back