• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you should never do to a 71 Plymouth

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
WTF was the guy thinking.. it’s hideous from the front, the side and the back..

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/plymouth/road-runner/2642348.html

1670103696602.jpeg

1670103591188.jpeg

As a former 72 Satellite owner I agree-it’s buttugly!
Musta been a D student in high school art class.
My dog, cat, wife, and kid hate it too.

Last edited:
Those pictures look like they were taken at Carlisle. I don't think it looks bad, I like how they tried keeping the original style body lines as close as possible to factory. I like it, EXCEPT for the way the hood opens up and the interior.

It's the year 2022. Everybody doesn't like concourse restorations. Everybody doesn't like restomods. Everybody doesn't like custom. I think he hit it with some of it, maybe not all. But at least he did what he wanted. Looks like he tried to make it a 2010 - 2022 model to me. I like most of it. But hey, I had a 2010 Challenger and loved that.
Remember, his car blah, blah, blah. Maybe the next guy that has seen this will do something that you guys like.......probably not though.

Last edited:
I don't mind different but that 71 is seriously homely. Reminds me of some kit cars gone wrong. Agree...just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Screenshot_20221203_174449.jpg

Last edited:
And wait till the body filler starts cracking !
George Barris would be proud though.

I'm sure it's a lot uglier in person! I can see the changes I'd make to improve it, start with a car cover!

Then there's this mess. The top of the heap in musclecar styling IMO.

Sean's field trip 2007 049.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back