• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you would like to say to the PO

I was extremely pleased when I first inspected, prior to purchase decision, my 66 Charger. It was was exactly what I was looking for, an un-molested car. I'm the 4 th. owner. The previous owner did nothing other than some engine work and that I was confident was all done properly. I have some 30K miles on it since purchase in 2010. The car was not molested in any way and in exceptional condition. Reading the some of the posts here of what PO's did to some of these cars you read about, you gotta say to yourself " What the hell were they thinking "

Where did you find those SWEET exhaust tips???

View attachment 1423578
Why stop at six? At that point he might as well add another two so each cylinder has its own pipe.

images.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm its 5th owner.

"You can have that box of spare parts in the back too." Gee thanks! Too bad none of them were for my car.

Why did you let your kid put flower power decals and sparkly glitter all over the trunk divider? Mallory thought it was great LOL!

20230219_132248.jpg

FTJ owned it at some point. You probably know him too. He's Finger Tight Joe.

The biggest mystery was discovered first a few days after I bought it in 1991. It had most of a 360 under the hood. After basics failed to get it to fire up, I tore into it. The oil pan was bolted on and had a new gasket ... but the main and thrust bearing journal caps were missing. They weren't in the box of spare parts either.

Did any of the nails ever stay in your damn pouches ?
(former owner was a carpenter)
I found 'a kegs' worth, combined of 16d nails,
fallen down/in on both sides of the trunk floor
in the bowels of the rear quarters

who was the person that just bondo'd over the dents & not fix them ?
in the lower rear quarters
(recent discovery, I should have caught earlier)

unfortunately he's long gone, his daughter 'didn't know anything'
all in all still a decent mostly rust free real 2 owner Calif. car

Last edited:
I'd say they never made a "hi-po" 318 ya scurvy schiester! But, I'd also say 'thanks' for the good original-condition and nice driving B-body for $3500 clams.
Nowadays guys want 6-7K and more for '73 and newer /6 A-bodies that have been sitting outside dead for 25 years...gimme a break.

Why for the love of God did you take it to a quicky lube place for an oil change before I picked it up. They put the oil plug in with an impact.

who the hell did the stereo install ?
Agree. And I will add that almost every old car I have ever worked on has wiring that is a total cluster ****.

So I would ask: Why did you cut and make shitty electrical connections all over the place without having a clue as to what you were doing? Read, learn, and even if you make mistakes and don't fully understand, why do work with poor quality connections that get loose, short to ground, etc.?

I would like to thank Julie Clark for having had the vision to install NOS fenders, quarter panels, trunk inner panels, and trunk floor on my '69 GTX back in 1981 when her husband was still the original owner. I already thanked the last owner for using all OEM parts when he freshened the car years later. Seldom does it work out that way.

Agree. And I will add that almost every old car I have ever worked on has wiring that is a total cluster ****.

So I would ask: Why did you cut and make shitty electrical connections all over the place without having a clue as to what you were doing? Read, learn, and even if you make mistakes and don't fully understand, why do work with poor quality connections that get loose, short to ground, etc.?
Bingo - Tim Allen.gif

I read 'some' of the posts and well, seeing all of what I read (several) it's nuts!! All I can think of is that some have no clue and some just don't have the money to do it right even on the minimum of what's right. All this and I'm thinking about welding the spiders on my beater Dakota pickup lol

Speaking of shitty... I'm working on a nice low mile 81 IMP, and someone has done the back to carb upgrade kit. Kinda looks like a dealer install, but haven't seen one personally.
I'm freshening up the front of the motor.
It's cold.. I fired it up to bring in and it's choking the **** out of itself.
Upon inspection, I see they've tied this yellow choke heater wire in here.
Still not sure what that would make the charging system do lol.
Previous technician was either color blind,, or I don't know what

20230224_153810.jpg

I read 'some' of the posts and well, saw all of what I read and it's nuts!! All I can think of is that some have no clue and some just don't have the money to do it right even on the minimum what's right. All this and I'm thinking about welding the spiders on my beater Dakota pickup lol
I was looking at a Dakota R/T ad today that has the Lincoln Locker added, 1000 dollar upgrade.

Auto Transport Service
Back