• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Entitlement Society Crap Has Gone Too Far!!!

Help less, help ? Stopped at PEPBOYS for Air Filter for my 69 Roadrunner..Clerk asked who made the Roadrunner .:eusa_think:.I said Plymouth..
He said who??:angryfire:
I almost always look on the parts store's website to look up the part #s of whatever I need. Saves a lot of time at the store and dramatically increases the chances of getting the correct part. Shouldn't be that way, but that's the way it is.

Another example of the war-on-women. One thing for sure, this isn't Moparts.

Dude dont get your panties in a wad. You stood there.
Hell I walked in one and said I had a Satellite and the computer reader guy( I wont call him a parts man} asked me if the Satellite is a mitsubushi. I just said "sorry I thought I went to an auto parts store" And left. :angel11:

Wait, I just realized that the really important part of the story is missing... what did these women LOOK like?

:blob1:..or..:eek:

Bruzilla, Autozone is not a local small buisness. Try an independent parts store if you still have any left. I still have one in my town, one just closed last year which was the one I was using. The new one is just getting to know and understand my quirks (love of Mopars) You want what for a what??? I refer to those stores as the fuzzy dice store shich is what I believe they are only good for. And occasionally, a Sunday part or two.

I called one last Sunday for a front axle u joint for my van, looked the part # up and called them. I told them all the pertinent info, knew the axle gvw, and got the wrong part. That was after I told him what part # I thought it was. After a little arguing, I (not him) figured out he used the 3500# not the 4500# axle. I did't even get an apology, not that I feel it's necessary. But it goes to show the guy really didn't care, he was going to send me out with the wrong one.

I feel you pain.

They read info on comp don't know a gasket from an ash tray they are always wrong on my stuff its sickening but yet it is funny local Napa easy walk in they find it don't ask things like who makes that when just finds it goes and gets it wow 10 min I'm out right part in hand done but yes Wal-Mart your car calls for 14 inch tires it has 15 inch on it we can't be responsable for the liability we do anything with your tires take it off in parking lot who cares

Bruzilla: Great story. You should be a writer. I have two thoughts on this scenario; 1) The main problem was the 'parts guys' not gently telling the women that they would help them in between customers. They should have made them wait, not you. 2) I'm impressed with your knowledge of beauty supplies and treatments. Any recommendations for an old ugly guy?

I was referring to woman behind the counter. I went into the local discount auto and saw a woman on the other side i said to myself this will be an experiance and to my suprise she was better than most of the guys [at the time she made manager there]. What ever happened to the massive book rack they had on the counter [they probly would not know where to start looking.

As your friendly neighborhood liberal, I'll point out that the problem wasn't with the women, it was with the capitalist chain store not hiring enough workers to assist both the women and the men waiting in line behind them.*

There, now your thread just turned into a political discussion. :grin::grin::grin:

*j/k :sideways tongue:

No they were actually probably overstaffed & all of the relief parts counter people, were in the back on their union breaks & said screw the customers, I'm on my damn 15 minute break, I'm going to stretch into a 1/2 an hour, screw the owners... Sorry I had to do that... just busten' your balls....

Wait, I just realized that the really important part of the story is missing... what did these women LOOK like?

If they looked like this, it would be OK with me...

I have 5 sister, they all were taught the basics, 2 will actually get in & try at least to do simple stuff, check the belts & hoses, or the trans or engine oils, tire pressure & tread depth, also stuff like, oil changes & air filters, maybe a battery change or even a tune up, with a little guidance/help, especially my sister Candy, she wanted to learn everything, she would fix her own motorcycle when we were kids... I had 3 girls, that all learned the basics or they couldn't drive, that was my rules, they would help their friends with their cars, it's funny how that works... My old neighbor Marlene Kaiser knows more about tunning an engine, especially a race engine or T/F, than 90% of the men I know... That's not the typical women thou, even my girls were smart enough, to hook up/date/marry a man who knew enough about cars, so they didn't have to do the work themselves, but knew enough to know better...LOL... sorry I just wanted to share that little tid-bit.... continue guys

I hear ya OP, but a couple of things... NEVER, and I mean NEVER , recommend the evil empire [w**-M88t] . And really, I do my utmost to stay out of places like autozone - who advertise heavily that they do this crap- in the first place. I understand your frustration and agree wholeheartedly with what you did...but remember, theres more of 'them' out there than there are of 'us'. Support your local REAL parts store!

...........hands Budnicks a " father of the year" award !. i wasnt allowed to DRIVE until i could remove an engine,,,,tear it apart,,,rebuild it ,,,put it back in and have it run. i think everyone ESPECIALLY women should learn the basics. that way they would have to take less " guff " from us men! (altho i thoroughly enjoy making fun of them )

Lmao, My favorite is let me look on the computer then that look of bewilderment then that look of I can't find anything that says 440 on it then the question are you sure it's a v8? lol

When did auto shop in high school become a bad place to learn?
The school I went to doesn't even teach auto shop anymore and when I was able to take the class, they changed the rules to where you had to have a B average in ALL classes in the year before. They were trying to keep the screw offs out. Well, I had a B- in English so it kept me out and all the screw offs got in it anyways. Talk about pissed off!

Let me guess. Young, big boobs, low cut blouse and a short skirt. That'll git the boys at the counter fired up EVERY time. :sex:

Ben

Auto Transport Service
Back