• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is the Bee's last post

I think all of us here can understand the situation. These cars turn into family, they need us as much as we need them. Time spent wrenching on an old muscle car is good for the soul, then that old muscle car becomes more than just a car...hard to let them go sometimes.

We all do what we have too do in this life
i save some cars, the work has saved my sanity at times, maybe. They give some pleasure in fixing the rust, getting them running, maybe some shiny paint on maybe a not perfect canvas. I enjoy it all. I am old and now woreout, my days are numbered. But I can look back and know I have enjoyed it all.
Thse old cars are nut, bolts, steel, plastic, some rubber. God gave us them,and the world to enjoy... maybe cars are a part of it all for some of us.

Many of us grew up driving these guys around, in my case a 68RR. They were part of the first job, school, first date, et al., a member of the family. Sold my first resto, 70RR, only to help finance my 2nd resto, 70RR convertible. Resto days are done, but fortunately my daughter is interested in mopars and now owns a 69 Charger RT. We caravan to shows and coffee/cars. Can't imagine anything better than that. I could never sell the convertible, she'll eventually decide which one to keep.

7B1BE905-B726-4E04-A8A3-C92458EF30B2.jpeg
I recently had the opportunity to trade my bee for a demon. I was close to a deal when my family interjected their opinion. They agreed that my bee is a part of the family and needed to stay with us! I agreed. However I’m on the lookout for a pcp hellcat red eye. My restoration is holding up really well!
KID

My brother is in the same boat. He had me buy him a 70 RT/SE Challenger in SoCal in 1987. The below pic is me with the car after purchasing it.
IMG_0003.jpg

We drove it back to PA together with my father. What a road trip! My brother drove it a bit and put it in storage with the idea of restoring it ( it was originally yellow). In 1991, I got out of the service and bought a house with a double detached garage. As is normal, he asked me to help him restore it to its original color. ( His car had 0 rust and no dented panels). I told him, if I were to agree then he could not get married, buy a house or have children until the car was completed. He was OK with that. We stripped the whole car down. - Then he got married, kids and had to buy a house. The car's uni-body and its parts sat in a garage for 2 decades. Then he decided he wanted it finished so he got a restorer to do it.

Extremely nice car now but he is afraid to drive it.

Ahh I don't think this will be the Bee's last post. Your legacy and your car will carry on!

Auto Transport Service
Back