• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one made me think....

You know this post has had me thinking so much. I do wish I could go back, maybe not to relive the way I felt but maybe change how I made others feel.
I know you can't go back, but I know what I can do going forward.

View attachment 1094556

I posted this in the meme thread but I wanted to comment further without clogging up the thread with extended commentary.
It might be a symptom of a man that is on the downhill slope of life but I love thinking about days gone by. I think of it often. I don't fool myself into thinking that everything from way back then was always better than today but some things really were.
I like time travel movies and TV shows. In some , they caution that any changes made while in the past could have a terrible impact on the future. I agree with the meme above. I wouldn't change anything. My life turned out fine. I just think that there are some events that happened that were so deep and impactful, I would love to feel that way again.
Nothing compares to the thrill of a "first time". Not just in sex but in love, the first job, the first car, the first house, your first Million.....(Still waiting on that)

There was a movie several years ago. "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind".
It was about a guy that loved and lost and because the pain hurt him so much, he wanted the memory of the ex erased from his mind.
I don't have anything that hurt so much that I want to erase it but I would love to re-experience the feeling of my second wedding. I'd love to spend time with my Father and the rest of the family that had passed on.
I hear that especially in regards to women, first kiss, first love, etc. I can remember the feelings and excitement.. marriage as great as it is looses a lot of that newness and excitement.

I don't know that I'd want to change anything, I lived a pretty honest life, didn't horn dog around and knock anyone up or anything truly regretful. I never took to drugs, never was an alcoholic although I used to enjoy some Rum once or twice a week... Pretty quite life really.

I tell my wife all the time that I am the luckiest man alive. I have done everything I ever wanted to do. If I could change just one thing it would be to have started saving and investing earlier than I did and FORCE myself to be diligent about it.

No regerts.

My Blessings have little to do with anything I did. It’s unexplainable. Maybe timing and luck. The right parents, right place, right time. I had nothing to do with any of that. No complaints.

That's great, so funny discussion, you know High School Days that's when I bought my GTX I've owned it for over 40 years, would I go back, hell no, I don't think so, although these were the times of my life, all the wild **** that us Northerners did, I am lucky..
I escaped jail, not so many of the 10 where so lucky.
Northerners had a saying "strength of 10, feer of none"
I'm still here........

No regerts.
R0f6cec69a78d9416687d01da1cb716c2.jpg :)

There are a few things I'd like to never have done and there are a few things I'd like erased from my mind. 48 years later I still haven't gotten over my first love. Doesn't help that we're "friends" on FB !!

Memories suck! The bad ones are bad, and the good ones are worse! I would love to be able to forget.
Do it over again?? No thanks, I’m looking forward to the end.
Jesus Chrysler! The Libs out here have a 1 800 HELP line.

I think most people would want to change some things, especially bad choices we made. But I wonder how many bad things that happened to us were springboards for us doing and/or living life the way we do now. Without the bad things, would we be who we are today? I doubt it.
Yes, one of the "bad" things that happened to me made me more resilient, and mentally tougher.

I’ve told friends and family, “I need 2 lifetimes to get done what I need to get done”
Life’s been good to me

4567 is looking forward to “the end. That’s not good.

Choices we made in the past are the foundation of what we are today.
We are all the sum of our choices.

Good or bad. All of our choices have made us what we are.

All true.

We are also the result of fate, sometimes.

7/16/08 I was in an accident that killed me. Literally, coded six times - in the ditch, on the life-flight helicopter, and on the table. Surgeon came right out and told me a year after "man, we all (in the E.R.) thought you were going to leave in a bag."

I went to work that day...and didn't come home for nearly six months.

Part of my internal injuries included 2 closed-head brain traumae - swelling, bleeding and bruising to my stem, and to my frontal lobe. Coordination....and emotion/personality.

We all change. We all make choices. Those choices bring about gradual change in our lives and personalities. These injuries....were a global shift in who I am, how I thought, how I felt, how I behaved...and they were instantaneous. I came to in the hospital 2 weeks after the accident, and my first thoughts were "where am I" and "who the hell is inside my head". It was years of therapy coming to terms with the fact that a) I was never going to get "myself" back again, and b) that was O.K., and I just had to make the best of who I'd become in the blink of an eye.

I am nowhere I ever thought I would be in life.

I am no longer married. I was when I had the accident...but apparently it was too much for her. I had to keep forging ahead; she chose not to. I was pissed at the time. Extremely angry. I still probably wouldn't piss on her head if her hair was on fire...but the anger is gone. I see her all the time anyway - she's currently married to one of my drummers (I work with live bands, when the world is open for business). Whatever. Just another landmark, on the highway of life.

My life has gone down a completely unexpected path. I cherish every memory I have - good AND bad - because I know those memories can be wiped out in the blink of an eye. My life has been good to me - this new path is not a 'bad' one, it's just not anything I ever expected myself to be doing, or a place I ever expected to be in.

I am extremely lucky, on many fronts...not the least of which, simply still being alive.

Cherish everything, good AND bad. It can ALL be taken away from you in an instant.

Trust me.

I've been there.

Jesus Chrysler! The Libs out here have a 1 800 HELP line.

I think you misunderstand, to me this is a positive thing. I just don’t look back. Don’t care to remember. To me life is just a long check list of things to do. Life is most enjoyable when all the work is done,“At the end”. Going back and starting over means I’d have to do all that work again, relearn everything, experience all the hard times again. No thanks.
Think of it as restoring a car, once it’s done a lot of guys can’t wait to start a new project, I just want to enjoy the finished product.
I’m more about the destination than the journey.

I’m more about the destination than the journey.
You should savor them both.

Motorcycling really taught me that. Some of the best rides (and best days) I've ever had were when I went off-route and ended up someplace totally unexpected and new. It's good to have "a goal" in mind - leading a good life, for example - but don't forget to look around and enjoy where it takes you along the way.

I see it as enjoying the journey and not just the destination.

If I could go back and redo something,

I would go back to when I junked a 71 Cuda because the rear wheel wells had been cut with a torch to fit big slicks.
It had a Hemi in it last. One guy got the Dana out of it. Another took the louvered fenders and shaker hood. I got what was left.
I saved the Hemi K member, front suspension and the tail lights and scrapped the rest.
I have no idea if it was an original Hemi car...........

Also I would buy that blue Superbird with a flat tire for $1500..............

Poignant meme Greg

some stuff I wish I could go back & see more too
between age 21 & 41, I felt I had the world by the tail
loving life, living life to the fullest extremes

stuff after that started going a lil' differently
I won't go into all of it

I'd like to have a 'Time machine' to spend more time with Lisa
spend more time with my mom & granddad,
now my favorite uncle too

such is life
we live with what hand we are dealt
I can't complain a lot, mines been pretty damn good
with a couple of bad times

:luvplace:

Some may think that if you live in the past, you cannot see and appreciate the "now".
I don't dwell on the past constantly but I do think about it.
I miss my brothers, both checked out before they got old.
I miss the type of work that I used to do. The work I've done the past 11 years pays the bills but isn't as satisfying.

Auto Transport Service
Back