• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This was painful to watch...

Did they figure out their issues?

The joys of doing, and having the balls, to show stuff live! They have it running just fine and showed it live on their Friday night show. This engine belongs to a buddy of my Wife's cousin.

I’ve never seen a distributor with a shaft that screws together, something you would not think about.

Great video of diagnosing start issues. Nick has a lot of patience and co-worker was a big help. Really shows the value of using dyno, lot of info compared to doing it in the backyard with motor in car.

Always a good idea to start with known working distributor and carb. Also breaking in with single good carb would be an idea, would also need manifold with max wedge ports that they might not have had.

That's about the loosest use of the term max wedge I've heard yet.
Nice motor but "Cmon Man!", it's a trickflow headed 440!
Chrysler max wedge heads = max wedge motor.
In my books anyways.

Modern Max wedge motor.. So many bennys running new max heads.

IMG_1096.JPG

Modern Max wedge motor.. So many bennys running new max heads.

View attachment 1414130

So TF makes a Max Wedge spec head? I wasn’t aware. At the end they were making respectable power, but it still seemed a little off. The 2 piece distributor shaft sounds like a bad idea unless it’s pinned or welded…

The joys of doing, and having the balls, to show stuff live! They have it running just fine and showed it live on their Friday night show. This engine belongs to a buddy of my Wife's cousin.
True that.

Frickin Mopar ignition distributor kits. Just ask @HALIFAXHOPS hops about those.

At about 42 minutes............................Hold my beer and watch this. Frickin junk distributors!

Have a pc of the distributor? Not watching a hour.
You can click through it pretty quick Ray until they pull the distributor. Some aftermarket electronic conversion on a cast distributor. The shaft is two pieces and it's threaded.. right hand. Of course the distributor turns CCW and the 2pc shaft was threading apart changing the timing every time they started it up.

It was a cast housing modded with electronics and it had a threaded shaft. The tanged end unscrewed. #1 was all over the cap. :BangHead: :BangHead:

That's why I love aftermarket stuff so much..

It was a cast housing modded with electronics and it had a threaded shaft. The tanged end unscrewed. #1 was all over the cap. :BangHead: :BangHead:
I am sure it is The MP electronic one I can tell by the advance plate with the built in reluctor. Good distributor, not seeing the screw on shaft. Hard to get internals for them. Not made for years and even then scarce, everything is specific to that Mopar electronics inside it. I get them in usually welded to lock them out for crank triggers!:BangHead:

Last edited:
I am sure it is The MP electronic one I can tell by the advance plate with the built in reluctor. Good distributor, not seeing the screw on shaft. Hard to get internals for them. Not made for years and even then scarce, everything is specific to that Mopar electronics inside it. I get them usually welded to lock them out for crank triggers!:BangHead:
1675864031722.png

Auto Transport Service
Back