• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought I spotted @Kern Dog in South Carolina today.

If I was a paint & body guy I'd change colors like I change engines...every 2-3 years! But I'm not, so I don't....been stuck with WW1 for 23 years and counting! WW1 how exciting huh....at least the black hood breaks up the monotony:lol:
View attachment 1489212
White new cars are boring as can be. Classics? I'm absolutely on board with it. Take a white car and add Black hood, nondescript black wheels, white letter tires tells people that you're all business. This puts off a vibe much different than a red car would outfitted the same way.

If I was a paint & body guy I'd change colors like I change engines...every 2-3 years! But I'm not, so I don't....been stuck with WW1 for 23 years and counting! WW1 how exciting huh....at least the black hood breaks up the monotony:lol:
View attachment 1489212
I like the white...
looks good on these cars of that era

White new cars are boring as can be. Classics? I'm absolutely on board with it. Take a white car and add Black hood, nondescript black wheels, white letter tires tells people that you're all business. This puts off a vibe much different than a red car would outfitted the same way.
I was with you all the way up until the Black wheels
that's one of my pet peeves, painted steel wheels, especially black
especially with poverty caps :BangHead:
I do like them/with acorn chrome/stainless lug nuts, on the appropriate all OE A12 cars
but, I see them way too often...

As long as it's not my car, I truly don't care thou...
Like I said about to @beanhead I like his combo, it works

I think wheels & tire can make or break a cars look/vibe
such a personal thing (a lil' bling)

I hate (more like dislike) to be a follower, recent trends or old habits

Do what makes you happy, blows your skirt up...

Like I say a lot;
build it how you want it !
drive it like you stole it !
buy what ever parts/pieces makes you happy !
be it wheels, tires & paint etc. !
even some nasty Valure interior !
& as long as I'm not funding it, or 'own it '
I don't care...

I'm just saying what I like & won't own...

I say no offence meant to anyone's ride
& I'd hope they did it for themselves, their likes & not the masses
or building by committee, that is the worst...

Your own personal expression, is best !!
No matter what anyone else says or thinks...
Only person that has to be happy is the owner...
(added; maybe their wife :poke: )

We can all say or likes or dislikes,
& it shouldn't matter...

Last edited:
I agree. 99% of the members here are good guys that I respect. It is never my intention to disparage their hard word. I am not throwing out blanket declarations that all cars that I don't like are crap. My opinion is just that....an opinion. Anything that is a personal like or dislike is not fact, just a preference.
I like Lloyds car. The black wheels to me add to the image that the driver spent the money on the drivetrain with no intentions of being flashy.
Now, driving this car the way that it looks....

70 500.JPG

Sends out a vibe that can be taken numerous ways.
In fairness, it can first look like an insecure guy with small genitalia doing what he can to gain attention.

Mom said I had a good size for a boy my age so that description is waaaay off.

1 laugh 4.jpg

The red car is more of a statement of "I'm in your face, I'm not hiding" while also being very pleasing to my eye. I've often been the type to like what I like regardless of what others are doing. It is nice to get appreciation or compliments but that isn't my main motivation to drive it.
In 2014, I actually toyed with the idea of stripping the car down and changing it to B-5 blue. Bodywork would be a breeze, the hard part would be disassembly and reassembly.
Jigsaw is not going to stay this ratty forever.

0 Jigs.jpg

It will be painted B-5. I am merely toying with the appearance and wheels & tires now since I have an incredibly low amount of money in the car and am enjoying the stark contrast to the red one.

I was with you all the way up until the Black wheels
that's one of my pet peeves, painted steel wheels, especially black
especially with poverty caps :BangHead:
I do like them/with acorn chrome/stainless lug nuts, on the appropriate all OE A12 cars
but, I see them way too often...

As long as it's not my car, I truly don't care thou...
Like I said about to @beanhead I like his combo, it works

I think wheels & tire can make or break a cars look/vibe
such a personal thing (a lil' bling)

I hate (more like dislike) to be a follower, recent trends or old habits

Do what makes you happy, blows your skirt up...

Like I say a lot;
build it how you want it !
drive it like you stole it !
buy what ever parts/pieces makes you happy !
be it wheels, tires & paint etc. !
even some nasty Valure interior !
& as long as I'm not funding it, or 'own it '
I don't care...

I'm just saying what I like & won't own...

I say no offence meant to anyone's ride
& I'd hope they did it for themselves, their likes & not the masses
or building by committee, that is the worst...

Your own personal expression, is best !!
No matter what anyone else says or thinks...
Only person that has to be happy is the owner...
(added; maybe their wife :poke: )

We can all say or likes or dislikes,
& it shouldn't matter...
Agree, KD.
Some here would scratch their noggins
as to how my beloved Plymouth
reached the point where it is now.
Lots of factors come into play that
determines the final outcome.
Thought it would be cool to design
a modern chassis that fit under some
prewar sheetmetal.
But regardless of what others think,
It's mine. I chose a Mopar. A rare one.
The parts I couldn't find to see it done,
I made myself. And it's been a wild ride
and a whole lot of fun.

I like the white...
looks good on these cars of that era

DD87032D-FEB2-4586-BDBA-D6A622A8AED9.jpeg

Mark10.jpg

I go back and forth with wheel/tire combos too, I've since gone to torq-thrusts and some 'Sticky Mickeys' because the Coopers weren't cutting it beyond light throttle driving with the stroker RB (and what fun is that!)
I did black wheels again because they seem to go with the hood and help add some contrast to the white. I've been thinking my next wheels will be something polished. I'm kinda partial to the 'old-school' designs like TTs, Pro-Stars, Cragars...
(A little hard to see them in this pic)
20220520_190901.jpg

How the hell did two guys on opposite sides of the earth find different pictures of the same obscure car? And how did both of ya immediately decide it looks like a car KD would drive???? What is it about Greg that puts him behind the wheel of a lifted 73 Gremlin????

:luvplace:

I go back and forth with wheel/tire combos too, I've since gone to torq-thrusts and some 'Sticky Mickeys' because the Coopers weren't cutting it beyond light throttle driving with the stroker RB (and what fun is that!)
I did black wheels again because they seem to go with the hood and help add some contrast to the white. I've been thinking my next wheels will be something polished. I'm kinda partial to the 'old-school' designs like TTs, Pro-Stars, Cragars...
View attachment 1489529
Lovely car. IMNSHO, those do not qualify as 'black wheels' as they have that lovely polished rim. Those look nice. [as do wheels like Revolutions or black centred BBS with a polished lip] Solid black wheels, not so much. I HATE black wheels, be they aftermarket or OE. Hate em. The ONLY exception is, as noted before, black steelies with chrome lug nuts on an A12 car. Again, MY opinion. [which is, of course, objective fact...]
BITD over on the West side, most of us po folk ran black OE black wheels, BUT they had chrome lugs and a chrome center cap/spider' to brighten things up a bit, usually with narrow whitewall tyres. Until we could afford something decent like Cragars...

View attachment 1489529
You cant go wrong with SS Cragars

View attachment 1489529
That looks awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back