• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought I spotted @Kern Dog in South Carolina today.

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
Greg is that you?
A97135C3-B053-473F-9151-26DED5938628.jpeg

Must be on the way to my house delivering some much needed spindles!

I thought Greg was more of an AMG kind of guy.
:p

Ha ha....Nope, never been there!
Mercedes are not my style anyway. I'm more the practical type. American, V8 and with some vibrant color to it.

I get the joke, I really do.
Not sure if I've expressed how little I can stand the high impact green colors. Sublime/Limelight, Sassy Grass, etc are absolutely not a color that I would have on any car of mine. I can respect and appreciate finely restored cars with that as their original hue but I do not like them.
Add to that FM3 Panther Pink.
Hey...some dudes don't like blue cars or even red.
I love cars like those.
I'm just bored with all the cars we see are 90% white, black or silver. I don't know why anyone would want a car that looks so uniform unless they are trying to hide from the crowd or from ***** chicks.

Last edited:
But yet you drive 'a lipstick vibrant red' or Scarlet/Ginger (Ram 1500)
& a Red 70' Charger :poke:
:lol:
or a rusted Frankenstein'd Charger (with good innards), or a GL/DOH Duster...
2 total ends of the spectrum, of look at me now

Almost anything other than any shades of Red for me...
I do like seeing it on other's cars, but I won't own a red car...

I won't own a Yellow car anymore either had 2,
had 2 trucks in yellow too :BangHead: (1 76 Chevy Stepside & 1 66 w-100 PW)
1 was my org. 1st 68 GG1 Green Charger, for some reason
I painted it, 77' Corvette Bright Yellow
biggest mistake I ever made, it had a black top so it broke it up some
But right after I painted it, I stepped back & said 'I should have done a different color'
Or my 69 RR with the 446-6bbl STR street racer (I swap in later), in the 80s,
I always hated that piss yellow color, but I got the car at a great price of $2500
near perfect 60k org. miles 383 4 speed off a car lot in Livermore
& the other was a 77' Corvette, didn't own it long...
Budnicks 69 RR 440 str-6bbl #1.JPG

I'm with ya' on the Panther Pink or Mulan Roques

I like the greens, I like them better on someone elses car too
but I like especially the Ralley Green & the Turquoises LL1 QQ5
I do like Sassy Grass, I like it way more or better than Sublime/Limelight

Not a huge fan of Sunfire/Y2 yellow or 70' Y1 Lemon Twist (sorry Biomed)
or that (lighter) piss yellow Y2 I had on one of my 69 RRs
but;
I like the K2 Vitamin C or Tor Red V2 (orange) or 999 Oranges
go figure...

I prefer the darker metallic greens...

Last edited:
See, now I'm offended... Don't like Sublime Green... Guess I'll take my toys & go home.... :rofl:

Sorry, can't get rid of me that easy....

Then again I've never been a fan of Red... Yet I own two red cars....

And a good friend has a Panther Pink car... Somehow I don't think he cares whether anyone else like's the color, he & his girls love it...

We all have our personal tastes. I would never intentionally offend someone that I respect. It is merely an opinion.
The Sublime thing just does not appeal to me. Again, I respect a fine example but do not respond like I do to B-5, Plum Crazy, TX 9 black or some of the yellows.
My Junky Jigsaw is a low production color, FK-5 Burnt orange and I don't like that color that much either.

green has always been my favorite color, lime green not so much..... but I have a real hard time with red, orange sucks too :poke:

I Love B5 & B7 Plum Crazy is Great, TX9 looks great but shows every speck of dust... Yellows & Oranges are cool, on someone else's car...

One of my first cars was FK5... It was a nice color for someone but not a color for me... It would sure be a boring place if we all liked exactly the same things..

If I was a paint & body guy I'd change colors like I change engines...every 2-3 years! But I'm not, so I don't....been stuck with WW1 for 23 years and counting! WW1 how exciting huh....at least the black hood breaks up the monotony:lol:
20190828_112851.jpg

How we got off on THIS tangent I don't know, but my buddy's ex bought one of those Benz SUV's and what a pile of crap that thing is.
Another heap with a 'big name' on it....

Ha ha....Nope, never been there!
Mercedes are not my style anyway. I'm more the practical type. American, V8 and with some vibrant color to it.
That's what I thought!

Auto Transport Service
Back