• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thousand dollar garage make over

FROSTBITE

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
I just moved into my first house, finally just got all settled in. Im used to working in my dads shop, which in my opinion is pretty awesome, so coming to plain old garage made want to make something nice out of it. I figured lets see what i can do with a 1000.00 bucks. My first week pretty much consisted of taking down all the nails and shelves, posters, garbage i didnt want that got left behind from the previous owner. So far i have spent 150 bucks on 10 sheets of corrugated metal siding. Which almost did one wall. Some of you will probly notice my work might look to be a little sketchy but ill make things look right before i say im finished. I want this to be somthing i will be proud of
IMG_20130707_111806_099.jpgIMG_20130710_181731_110.jpgIMG_20130710_181738_191.jpgIMG_20130710_181726_884.jpgIMG_20130711_065758_194.jpg

I like it!! Just a question, wont that metal make the garage hot in the summer and cold in the winter? I ask cause I'm used to drywall in the garage.

Being on the inside side of the drywall, seems like it wouldn't really do much except maybe provide a thin extra layer of insulation (the metal itself and the air pockets behind it). Otherwise probably won't effect the temp inside the garage either way. Looks cool though.

Dunno about hanging/securing tools, shelves, etc. though.

How will the metal sheeting affect you being able to find a stud to mount things too? I've got Gladiator Garageworks stuff in my garage and all the tracks I've mounted to the studs.

Patrick

Congrats on the new digs!! Got The Flag up and a couple lions guarding the gate, great start! an awesome feeling to have your own mancave. i like the corrugated look and actually thought about doing the same thing in my shop. might still do it. a tip, if i may; take a marker and put a small dot on the cement sill where the studs are in order to fasten shelving in the future. also mark the areas you want to stay away from; common wall plumbing and electrical etc... other than that, have fun!!! it will be awesome!!

Congrats on the new digs!! Got The Flag up and a couple lions guarding the gate, great start! an awesome feeling to have your own mancave. i like the corrugated look and actually thought about doing the same thing in my shop. might still do it. a tip, if i may; take a marker and put a small dot on the cement sill where the studs are in order to fasten shelving in the future. also mark the areas you want to stay away from; common wall plumbing and electrical etc... other than that, have fun!!! it will be awesome!!

Dude, might sound sad but you just helped me out a bunch, also so far with door open the metal doesnt get very hot but it sure reflects light! Thanks Guys!

I just assumed he was attaching the tin to the studs...the verticle screw (or nail) lines would show where the studs are.

If it was mine,I would paint the drywall and put white metal over haed and spend the rest on lots of lights......or shop tools....no punt intended....Artie...............and yes im back

Well Ill Agree with you on lights, i went to home depot and got 3 of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia...y-Shoplight-1284GRD-RE/202968125#.UeV8dXk1hxA

Its brighter then it was but i wouldnt mind getting 2 or 3 more

Here are some more recent pictures, hung some crap up on the wall that is finished. Painted the existing counter and cabinets.

Also got the tools covered, will bring them over after i am finished
IMG_20130715_191435_611.jpgIMG_20130715_191454_608.jpgIMG_20130715_200056_490.jpg2012-12-01_10-27-57_303.jpg

Is that a pachinko machine? My dad brought one back from Japan back in the early `70s. Had ours on the garage as well. Used to play for hours.

View attachment 127775

who cares how "practical" it is it's cool as hell !!. Props given. Now you can mount some of the artwork over in certain threads up with magnets or car pictures if you are into that sort of thing :)

Yes I said mount

Auto Transport Service
Back