• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

threats to car owners

in the 50's valve job at 50K was common.

by the mid 60's that was pretty much figured out, but still could be an issue about 70-80K

When did the 5/50,000 warranty start?
63 or 64......

He fought the the law and the law won. That was just dumb on his part. Being a suborn *** gets ya no where. Just comply and keep it moving.

agreed but he was thinking it is his property and no one has the right to even go on his property to take something he owns. I'd not chance it,I'd have moved it- parked it behind the house or? . whether they did or not- they took his plum crazy Cuda.

No way in hell would i live in a place where others could tell me what i could have in my yard. Just doesn't sound very American at all. Fight back!

thats what he thought- but that's California especially Sacramento county this was late 80's

in the 50's valve job at 50K was common.

by the mid 60's that was pretty much figured out, but still could be an issue about 70-80K

When did the 5/50,000 warranty start?

lol! And none of my 60's and 70's cars had engines that were failing by 50k miles.....must be a Chevy thing :D

chevrolet casting were junk, I thought they should have thrown away the blocks and kept the sand, turns out thats pretty much the way it was anyway- 50K engine could have .020 bore taper.

Lol, In some cities you could be fined for non-plated stuff in the driveway and that could add up pretty quick once they've issued the 1st warning.
And to think back, there was once a time some of us wanted stuff towed off at no cost!
Back in "the day" I drove a $100 383 4bbl auto Charger home a mile or so in reverse. No forward. Pulled the engine and tried to give the rest to the first JY that would just come get it. I gave him the title and the JY driver gave me $20 after he hooked up the car. I didn't turn down the cash, gas was around $.40 / gal. back then and moving up!

still Sacramento 1978-9
my next door neighbor bought a nova for the engine and trans for his pickup. he pulled the engine and trans out, then-pushed the car in front of my home?? when he got home from work I asked him why he did that, he said he didn't want that thing in front of his house. we pushed it back- slightly up hill and dared him to do that again. he didn't.

To hell with ALL of the "quality of life" laws and Gestapo tactics....
Cut your grass. Tarp your junk.
Other than that, if it's on my property, MYOB!

For the same reason **** actresses don't break down in front of my house.. Edit. I have a flatbed too. For them thar **** girls..
Man can NOT rely on **** alone,,,,,gotta work sometimes!
I like the apple turnovers,but when the owners get snippy with me...............
Wait for it!!!!!

that thought won't work in California- with the most cars worst smog the laws put in place ,like it or not and are enforced. a friend was a collector of Mopars with road runner's, dodge challengers ranging in years 1965 through 1972. (he even had a 70 hemi duster)
most of his cars were parked on his rock gravel property alongside and behind his home. the county said none of the cars could be on gravel or soil because of soil /oil contamination- a BIG reach of law but there it was. his option was to put concrete parking for the cars-or- get rid of the cars, he did opt to sell a few cars leaving him around15. concrete trucks rolled in to put in a concrete driveway and parking pad, a cost of some 15 K at the time the first place to be concreted was alongside his home- the driveway to the back area.hen the truck started pouring concrete- the driveway gave way the truck tipped sideways into his home crushing much of it. when said and done, he got his home repaired,upgraded and the concrete-all for free.
one for the good guys.

I am done with city living, and REALLY done with HOA ******** telling me what I can and cant do with my property. I had a HOA person, (bitchy, nosey woman)tell me that I could not park my NEW pickup in my driveway. She said it was not a farming community and I didn't NEED a truck. That it was an eyesore and devalued everyone's property. I told her to call a cop, bitch. She did and he just laughed at her and drove away. It was a brand new truck with like 8 miles on the OD. She watched me like a hawk the whole time I lived there. Hated that women. She could be seen limping around the area with a copy of the rules in hand making notes about everyone's property. That women needed a different hobby.

Last edited:
When we moved onto our 11 acres here one of the first questions I asked is what can I do on, or with, my land? The answer? Any damn thing you want as long as it isn't illegal.

When we lived in the 'burbs vs where we live now which is more like "the country" we had an old nosy lady across the street we nicknamed "Mrs. Kravitz"....
Says it all....

I will NEVER live in an HOA.

NEVER.

However, most municipalities or counties have some type of statutes regarding "distressed" vehicles.

It would certainly behoove anyone with a vehicle related hobby or business to not be "ignorant of the law".

I am done with city living, and REALLY done with HOA ******** telling me what I can and cant do with my property. I had a HOA person, (bitchy, nosey old cunt)tell me that I could not park my NEW pickup in my driveway. She said it was not a farming community and I didn't NEED a truck. That it was an eyesore and devalued everyone's property. I told her to call a cop, bitch. She did and he just laughed at her and drove away. It was a brand new truck with like 8 miles on the OD. She watched me like a hawk the whole time I lived there. Hated that women. She could be seen limping around the area with a copy of the rules in hand making notes about everyone's property. That women needed a different hobby.
I understand your outrage over the intrusion by government entities exercising self given powers over citizen, I do however take exception your using the term C**T as I am a female, you can surely express yourself better than this.

HOA's suck and wouldn't live in a neighborhood if it had one. I live in the City limits so the tards have ordinances and that is what gets your **** towed. You have failed to comply with section so and so of city ordinance.. Next time I move I'm buying property in the country.
Funny thing is when I bought the house it was county. 2 years after I moved in I noticed a city sign of sign in the front of my neighborhood. So not only am I taxed county I have to pay city taxes as well. Oh and follow the ordinances or be fined. Soo yea..

Auto Transport Service
Back