• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

threats to car owners

Ghostrider 67: Not that it's going to mean anything to you, but I'll retract the statement in my post about not being mature. The fact that you sent a PM to Geri apologizing, says a lot about your character. Someday, when you're as old as I am (72), you'll see that a lot of folks still judge others by the language they use in public. And, as much as we like to think that "our" forum is just us male gear-heads in a bench racing session, in reality, it is very public. Anyway, food for thought...

I agree but the fact is the land is always property of the government via eminent domain, we get to rent it for a while, California car enthusiasts have been fighting laws introduced for years that would take away rights of ownership. at one point calif thought about setting an ascending year and all cars older than that no longer legal to drive- they actually wanted them turned in for junk. that got beat. legislators spend all their times proposing laws to make more things illegal, the purpose of government is to create offenders -everyone is violating law in something they do. the fines for breaking the law is what fuels government.
We can respectfully disagree there, the land is NOT the property of the government and reading our constitution will show that (4th amendment). Actions like this are violations of our rights, the problem is some don't fight it opening the door to tyranny which is exactly what this kind of stuff is. I feel for the Californians along with Pennsylvania and others who have to tolerate this crap.

Last edited:
Eminent domain was mentioned as a way to gain right of way for a proposed natural gas line out of Canada coming down through Vermont to Ticonderoga, NY. Take the money offered or they take the land for free.

I was on the County Plans and Advisory Council when that issue was chewed over, you never saw so many angry citizens in one room. Like sardines. Lots of shouting and threats. One old time VT native in his 90's shuffled to the front of the mob and got in the gas company reps face and said very clearly, " You set one foot on MY land, and you will die". Everyone believed him. Cheering all around.

Ghostrider 67: Not that it's going to mean anything to you, but I'll retract the statement in my post about not being mature. The fact that you sent a PM to Geri apologizing, says a lot about your character. Someday, when you're as old as I am (72), you'll see that a lot of folks still judge others by the language they use in public. And, as much as we like to think that "our" forum is just us male gear-heads in a bench racing session, in reality, it is very public. Anyway, food for thought...
I accepted without comment his "pardon me" I understand how people talk when angered and a subject is as what they can do with what we own. no problem here at all and FYI I'll be 77 in a few weeks.

Auto Transport Service
Back