• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

throttle cable

happyjackdaddy54

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting close to starting my 64 Plymouth. Apparently I need a throttle cable from a six cylinder 62-65 b body. The carb sits too high for the stock cable to work. Does anyone have one or does Lokar etc make one? Thx

I had the same problem. Just used a replacement cable I picked up from Summit for about $4. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pio-ca-8615/overview/ Slid right inside the old cable housing, cut it to the right length and works perfectly.

IMG_5734a.jpg

I'm getting close to starting my 64 Plymouth. Apparently I need a throttle cable from a six cylinder 62-65 b body. The carb sits too high for the stock cable to work. Does anyone have one or does Lokar etc make one? Thx
The slant six throttle cable does work well, and looks like your stock one. It has the right ends on it. However they seem to be hard to find...........................MO

The slant six throttle cable does work well, and looks like your stock one. It has the right ends on it. However they seem to be hard to find...........................MO
Steve,
I have one you can have for shipping. The little plastic sleeve at the throttle end is broken loose at the metal ferrule but the function is fine.
Mike

Steve,
I have one you can have for shipping. The little plastic sleeve at the throttle end is broken loose at the metal ferrule but the function is fine.
Mike
Thanks Mike, I would like to have that. Mine could break as I caused the inner cable to be brittle from trying to solder another end on it. I will send you a PM with my mailing address. Thanks again ................Steve................MO

I have an NOS throttle cable that according to my parts book fits 76-80"s Volare, Diplomat, LeBaron and Aspen cars all with 6 cylinder engine. The cable is 25 3/4" long. $35 and the ride if interested.

I have an NOS throttle cable that according to my parts book fits 76-80"s Volare, Diplomat, LeBaron and Aspen cars all with 6 cylinder engine. The cable is 25 3/4" long. $35 and the ride if interested.
Thanks, but I think the later throttle cables has different ends on them where they go thru the firewall and attach to the pedal........................MO

Kramer auto sold 2 inch longer accel cables with the right ends. Could try Crossram Connection.

Auto Transport Service
Back