• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle kickdown linkage DOH!

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
My 69 Super Bee was originally a 383 N96 car, but when I got it, it had a Six Pack on it, and was slapped roughly together. Over the years I've tried to correct the Six Pack setup by getting the correct return springs, carb linkage and so forth. I even ordered the complete Six Pack kickdown linkage from A&A Transmissions years ago but left off the lower bellcrank and linkage on the transmission, thinking how big of deal could it be..........

But I always thought something was funny about the timing of the transmission shifting, or not getting the throttle cable adjusted correctly 100%. Now since I blew up my transmission and had to drop it and remove all the linkage, I finally discovered what a HUGE DIFFERENCE in throw there is between the Six Pack kickdown bellcrank and the 383 bellcrank. DOH!

In the picture, the Six Pack bellcrank is on the left, 383 4bbl crank on the right. I also ordered the Six Pack throttle cable (which I hope is correct). I only hope that the seat of the pants feeling improves with the new linkage on and adjusted correctly.

So to all the members who ask "are you using the correct linkage?" it's a very legitimate question.

IMG_E6389.JPG

Last edited:
My 69 Super Bee was originally a 383 N96 car, but when I got it, it had a Six Pack on it, and was slapped roughly together. Over the years I've tried to correct the Six Pack setup by getting the correct return springs, carb linkage and so forth. I even ordered the complete Six Pack kickdown linkage from A&A Transmissions years ago but left off the lower bellcrank and linkage on the transmission, thinking how big of deal could it be..........

But I always thought something was funny about the timing of the transmission shifting, or not getting the throttle cable adjusted correctly 100%. Now since I blew up my transmission and had to drop it and remove all the linkage, I finally discovered what a HUGE DIFFERENCE in throw there is between the Six Pack kickdown bellcrank and the 383 bellcrank. DOH!

In the picture, the Six Pack bellcrank is on the left, 383 4bbl crank on the right. I also ordered the Six Pack throttle cable (which I hope is correct). I only hope that the seat of the pants feeling improves with the new linkage on and adjusted correctly.

So to all the members who ask "are you using the correct linkage?" it's a very legitimate question.

View attachment 1176103
If you're going reverse MVB, you don't have to worry about kickdown linkage any longer.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...anual-valve-body-worth-it-or-a-hassle.229178/

Auto Transport Service
Back