Throttle/ kickdown linkage

1966-1967 Dodge Charger Forum

1. Rooster27

Rooster27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    Got it! Now I am having another issue. When in gear has a rough idle likening has shitty gas. I do have a bit of a heat soak problem that I am working on just wondering if that could be it.

2. Nate S

Nate S Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Could be a lot of things. I’d check the idle mixture first then spray carb cleaner around the base of the carb while running and listen. Sounds mixture / vacuum leak -ish

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Rooster27

Rooster27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Thank you sir! I was going towards the mixture part as well, not many vac lines. The engine has been rebuilt with a slightly heaftier cam than stock and has 500 miles on it since being rebuilt. When I took it out after adjusting kickdown it was running good and Fine, engine was cold,, after about driving for about a half hour I noticed when I came to a stop that it had a rough idle. Ill take it for a spin tomorrow when the engine is cold and see if it runs normal until it gets hot. Would adjusting kickdown mess with the mixture ratio? For more information its a 318 poly with a weiand intake and edelbrock 600 4 bbl. Carb and all that was adjusted by mechanic but he couldn't figure the kickdown out

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Nate S

Nate S Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Just thought of this. The bottom of a Carter / Edelbrock carb isn’t always compatible with the top of an Edelbrock intake. They sell a kit with two gaskets and a metal plate that fixes this. If you have a vacuum leak look at the overlap between the ports on the carb and the shape of the top of the intake. Could be letting air in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.