• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Can you explain the difference? I haven't seen the latest ending I guess.

In the most common version, Blondie leaves Tuco standing on a cross with a noose around his neck...teetering with unsure footing. Blondie rides out some distance, turns, cocks his rifle and shoots the rope. Tuco falls to the ground. The end.

In the original version, Blondie turns, cocks the rifle and shoots off one side of the cross leaving Tuco standing on one foot; he aims again and shoots off part of the remaining cross leaving Tuco almost losing his footing, then aims again and the viewer wonders if he will shoot off the remaining side of the cross or shoot the rope. Loooonnnnng delay, and he shoots the rope. The end.

Lots more suspense in the original.

I wish I'd seen that version. I've been watching the movie since the early 70's, had it on VHS and various dvds, including the extended blue ray but I've only seen the one ending.

Auto Transport Service
Back