• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ties for the 64 dodge

aaqar2

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
I need some opinions on tire sizes for the 64 Dodge 440. I have some 15 X 7 steel wheels and some redline poverty caps, I want to go with B F Goodrich radial TA's. I'm thinking 215 65's for the front and 235 65's for the rear, any opinions? I really like the look of MaxWedge Warrens wheel setup, by the way, Warren, have any side shots of the car and what size rims and tires are on Your car?
Roger

Sounds pretty good. You could probably go a bit bigger on the rear without problems...depending on your ride height

I'm going to run 15x8 steelies on the rear of mine with 275/60's
On the front i'm going to run 14x6 Torque thrusts. I haven't figured out what tire size yet.

I don't know the early B's as well as those who own them (of course) but I have seen larger on the rears. Your wheels (and there backspacing) are going to play a part in what you can fit under there (as well as what your wheel wells will accommodate.

Well, don't want to max out the tire clearance, maybe, 255's? for the rear, the wider the tire on the front the harder the steering is, and it's a manual.

Aaqar2

My tire setup is pretty simple. I run 245/60 on all 4 corners. I still have more room in the rear for bigger tires but didn't see the need.
Warren
100_0564-2.jpg

100_0567-2.jpg

100_0560-1.jpg

100_0569-2.jpg

Warren I do love your 64 Dodge. :yes: I have a 65 rear in my 63 and I run Hoosier QTP 29 x 11.5 tires. The tread is about 10" and the width is what is 11.5. They just fit with about 1/2" on the inside and outside as I dont think I can fit any bigger tire under it. I did trim the inner lip on the rear wheelwells for a bit more room. Ron

275780995.gif

Warren, what size wheels are they? I have 15x8 steels on my '64 Polara. I think the tires are 255/60/15, and I'm having a problem where the front tires rub the corner of the wheel opening when the wheels are turned. Do you have any issues like that?

The rims on my Polara are 15x7. I've never had a problem with rubbing even in heavy cornering.
Warren

I have some 15 X 7 steel rims and a really nice set of the stainless redlines, I was think 245's on the rear and 325's on the front.

As a matter of fact, it's the only factiory 64 Dodge with an Olds Toronado moter and transaxle! Man You don't miss nuthin' do Ya? :blush:

Auto Transport Service
Back