• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tiger Woods car crash

Yep
People get into car accidents and die every ******* day, but the media is treating tiger's accident as if air force one crashed with all hands lost. 24/7 coverage, along with multiple discussions, interviews, panel discussions and whatnot, elaborating on the situation of a multimillion dollar adulterer and his fender bender. Must be slow at the news offices this week...
Trumps gone dig deep in the pile now

WOW!!!! I guess most respondent's on this topic don't care much for the game of Golf nor Tiger for that matter. Why ridicule someone when they encounter a severe situation??? I can only imagine. Starting with Kern and is irresponsible claim of "DRUGS." The Deputy at the scene who first arrived, stated no indication of drugs or alcohol and that Tiger was lucid and awake and able to communicate clearly. He also stated that Tiger was not aware of the extent of his injuries. Now another twist to this. It was reported today that a TV crew was staying at the same hotel as Tiger and that he almost hit the Directors car going down this hill. He stated that Tiger looked agitated because of a slow poke in front of him so he sped up and passed that vehicle. My take...not an accident investigator here...is Tiger had too much speed going into a right hand turn..I know that stretch of road as well...and it can bite you big time if not careful. In this case it seems Tiger lost control and subsequently crashed. So SPEED KILLS or in this case maims. Y'all need to have a tad bit more compassion instead of being so judgemental as has been displayed here. Is Tiger a great example??? Not in many cases. He is though, a force to the game of Golf and one of the greatest to play the game. He has gotten his pecker in a few jams and had some past run ins with the Law. But for the most part when Tiger is playing, the World pays attention real fast. On a side note, as I am a Golf lover and passionate about the game and its History, I want to share something with y'all. There once was a Golfer and a PGA Pro by the name of Ben Hogan. He was involved in a horrific auto crash back in February of 1949 exactly on this date 02.23.1949, which was yesterday. Kind of bizarre and eerily similar now isn't? He went on and survived his injuries that were very much the same as Tigers and returned to the game of Golf and became a dominate player and Pro. Do not count Tiger out Friends. He has show what metal he has, over come some sad and disturbing obstacles, yet display the guts and fortitude as Ben Hogan did back in the day. I know that a lot here don't give a Rats Pattoty about Golf or Tiger. But lets be a little bit more compassionate and supportive in his rehab and eventual come back. Because he will be back at some point and again at some Golf venue. Oh and as far as the take on that Ashley Judd person??? FOOKING Globalist Demonrat Hypocrite!!! That is my take on this and I am stuck with it but I needed to just get it out there for y'all to either like, agree, thank, and yes even Disagree...Carry on...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
Well I’m an avid golfer my self and I think he hurt the game in more ways than one. You take up golf because it gets It’s claws into you not because some ‘hero’ is out there and ‘inspires’ you to take it up. Way to many WANNA B hackers out there in the way. How many golf courses have drastically changed their layout because he hit it so far? J Daly and Tiger where the only ones to hit it 300 yards in the 90s now that’s the average. No he’s not great for the ‘game’, just the equipment makers pocketbooks

Tiger did for golf what Don King did for boxing; made it a clown show. Now we not only have to listen to nonstop reports about him, we’re looking at enduring twenty years or so of having to hear about his kid, too.

Don't care, either way. Can't deny he's the best out there. Anything sports-related these days is STFW anymore. People have their own problems to deal with. He survived, he'll play again, no doubt.

While Woods brought a lot of attention to golf on and off the course in his day the media has gone overboard in its coverage.
Our local noon info show-I wont call it news- led with he had successful surgery, complete with rods, pins and screws.
They did about 3-4 minutes on it yet won't spend ten seconds on important matters.
They dont have to do anything except read what the syndicated agencies and networks feed them.
Pure laziness....and more but this is the wrong forum for that.

WOW!!!! I guess most respondent's on this topic don't care much for the game of Golf nor Tiger for that matter. Why ridicule someone when they encounter a severe situation??? I can only imagine. Starting with Kern and is irresponsible claim of "DRUGS." The Deputy at the scene who first arrived, stated no indication of drugs or alcohol and that Tiger was lucid and awake and able to communicate clearly. He also stated that Tiger was not aware of the extent of his injuries. Now another twist to this. It was reported today that a TV crew was staying at the same hotel as Tiger and that he almost hit the Directors car going down this hill. He stated that Tiger looked agitated because of a slow poke in front of him so he sped up and passed that vehicle. My take...not an accident investigator here...is Tiger had too much speed going into a right hand turn..I know that stretch of road as well...and it can bite you big time if not careful. In this case it seems Tiger lost control and subsequently crashed. So SPEED KILLS or in this case maims. Y'all need to have a tad bit more compassion instead of being so judgemental as has been displayed here. Is Tiger a great example??? Not in many cases. He is though, a force to the game of Golf and one of the greatest to play the game. He has gotten his pecker in a few jams and had some past run ins with the Law. But for the most part when Tiger is playing, the World pays attention real fast. On a side note, as I am a Golf lover and passionate about the game and its History, I want to share something with y'all. There once was a Golfer and a PGA Pro by the name of Ben Hogan. He was involved in a horrific auto crash back in February of 1949 exactly on this date 02.23.1949, which was yesterday. Kind of bizarre and eerily similar now isn't? He went on and survived his injuries that were very much the same as Tigers and returned to the game of Golf and became a dominate player and Pro. Do not count Tiger out Friends. He has show what metal he has, over come some sad and disturbing obstacles, yet display the guts and fortitude as Ben Hogan did back in the day. I know that a lot here don't give a Rats Pattoty about Golf or Tiger. But lets be a little bit more compassionate and supportive in his rehab and eventual come back. Because he will be back at some point and again at some Golf venue. Oh and as far as the take on that Ashley Judd person??? FOOKING Globalist Demonrat Hypocrite!!! That is my take on this and I am stuck with it but I needed to just get it out there for y'all to either like, agree, thank, and yes even Disagree...Carry on...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
I hope both the best in their recovery. I was a Hogan fan (add Sam Snead and Lee Trevino) reading a lot about him and read his famous book as I was learning the game. He was one incredibly tough guy returning to a near beginner while he rebuilt his swing. These guys grew up learning their game the hard way - Snead had one of the most natural swings; just poetry in motion watching him hit a golf ball. Back when these guys drove endlessly btw tournaments and weren't privy to all the perks the members had at their CC's that hosted these tourney's. Sorry - back to the regularly scheduled post..

While Woods brought a lot of attention to golf on and off the course in his day the media has gone overboard in its coverage.
Our local noon info show-I wont call it news- led with he had successful surgery, complete with rods, pins and screws.
They did about 3-4 minutes on it yet won't spend ten seconds on important matters.
They dont have to do anything except read what the syndicated agencies and networks feed them.
Pure laziness....and more but this is the wrong forum for that.
Fake news is running out of blacks to talk about this month....

"Athletes are better people"

h tt ps://southpark.cc.com/video-clips/qhh1bx/south-park-special-treatment

(wont let me link - remove the spaces above)

For once????
AAAAWWWWW!!! Come on now RC. I have always enjoyed a lot you have to offer and say here. And your contributions are always at most, spot on. But as a Friend sometimes you do grate on this Ol' Man so I will :poke::poke::poke::poke:you a bit back. It is all in good meaning but thank you for your acknowledgement...Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Tiger might a benefited from some anger management courses..

Well I’m an avid golfer my self and I think he hurt the game in more ways than one. You take up golf because it gets It’s claws into you not because some ‘hero’ is out there and ‘inspires’ you to take it up. Way to many WANNA B hackers out there in the way. How many golf courses have drastically changed their layout because he hit it so far? J Daly and Tiger where the only ones to hit it 300 yards in the 90s now that’s the average. No he’s not great for the ‘game’, just the equipment makers pocketbooks
Never did I infer that he was a Saint for the game of Golf. I only said what I said because it is often way too easy to look at all negatives then just being aware that there is a better way to acknowledge his contributions is all. So I had to Disagree with your statement only on a few points. Just sayin' is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Having been around the game 40 years ago, I can still remember what irons the old pro's selected on some of the holes on the courses they still play today. On one 'long' par 4 they'd hit a 4 or 5 iron to the green...geez today they're hitting wedges!

Scott McCarren, Fred Couples, Davis Love III, Ernie Ells, Phil Mickelson
also all are/were long hitters back then
among a select few others reg. tour members...

As someone that actually worked in the golf business
I saw the impact of Tiger coming on the scene
1997 was a huge bump for most retail outlets,
when Tiger won his 1st Masters
good or bad it was a shot in the arm of golf
Yes he brought a bunch of people into the game
a huge shot of adrenaline/awareness too, a huge influx of cash
it needed bad it was getting really stale/stuffy, dying on the vine
(much like Adam Sandler's the 1995 movie Happy Gilmore did too)
that brought people to golf
that wouldn't ever probably been involved in golf,
some good, some not so good,
it's what happens with growth

Almost anyone I played with, wasn't really as good as I was
or didn't hit it as far as I could
there's a lot of long hitters that can't play very well too
a lot of long hitters are out in the woods/OB

A couple of the Club guys were really good, deceptively good
especially if you played handicaps, that's the great equalizer
a scratch golfer can play a 12 handicap & be sort of fair
(If they aren't a 'vanity handicap' that only posts lower scores
or sandbaggers that only post higher scores, they are really the worst
)

& I was really more of a late bloomer to Golf,
I didn't really start to play regularly until I was 31, 1990
I was a Football & Baseball or Track guy, my heart was in drag-racing...

I really learned to Golf waiting for the days I could qualify,
out golfing with my racing friends, they started telling me I was pretty good
I never kept score really, just there to have some fun & waste time...
I started build club, it's a breeze compared to building cars...
I started build clubs for all my buddies...

I guess I just have more tolerance
for the people I played with or around, it was/is a tact/respect thing
everyone should be able to enjoy the open space & the game
it is still just a game
not many games you can play the exact game a pro does
only worse outcome

only 2 things in life
you can be bad at & still enjoy yourself
golf & sex :poke:

I owned;
Albatross Golf
Golf Equipment Apparel Repair
for about 10 years, thru hi's & the lows, 9/11 was a killer
After Nov. 2008 was the end, you can guess why...
A small repair & retail, custom fitting clubs & a full-service pro-shop
across the street from a 2 championship golf courses/Country Club,
located in a small retail shopping center...
I have teaching credentials/was a golf professional & scratch golfer
I was a +2 handicap at my peak
(layman terms I shot a 2 under par most par 72/120 slope courses )
I retained my NCGA/USGA handicap...

I also did lil' mini tours, Maxfi & Pepsi or Sunshine tours
a couple of Nike Tour, Monday qualifying events
I was hitting it 300+ in the early-mid 90's too,
hell I could hit my 5wd/metal off most par 4's 270+ yards
farther than most people hit their drivers by 20-30 yards

Hell when the Bridgestone/Precept Ladies ball came out
late 1998-99, most men hit it farther than any other ball
it would compress & stay on the clubface longer, go farther even still
they came out with the same ball called it a Laddie ('like Irish) ball
so Men wouldn't be playing a 'Ladies' Balls, a marketing gimmick
& a green box instead of the org. pink box

Long before the huge drivers or the hot balls or spring faces/MOI
before they were over 300cc, that was considered 'huge' early-mid 90's
with a wound 90-100 compression Ballata Ball, soft covers/easily cut
extremely higher spin rates (less distance) than today's ball have
not the solid cores or several layers HOT soft compression-like today's balls
or the hi-$$$ hi-tech. 460cc 46"-48" Drivers with & expensive graphite shafts
or other exotic materials, especially 'today' with a HOT MOI/spring affects

The golf equipment changed too, de-lofted clubs/irons,
causing everyone to be hitting them all farther
heavier swing weights/longer shafts, but overall lighter clubs
& the HOT balls/low spin rate, or trampoline effect spring faces/hi-MOI
(moment of inertia)
Then the athletes in a way, way better shape,
then the old plaid pants/knickers crowd of my dad's day
they are almost making 'old courses' obsolete for the big hitters...
Putting is still the $$ maker...

Which much of golf's participation has changed
, the demographics
guys that are tall thin athletic (makes for a big arc) strong people
that would be playing basketball or football, 2-3 decades ago now
Some now pursue & love golf now, some actually make good money playing
but, that's less than 0.01% of golfers

I golfed with many, many people of various abilities, men & women
or youth crowd too, I enjoy playing with some of the younger crowd
I pretty much enjoyed all the company
Just take a breath & relax, it's just a game, have fun

As I had said before I'm not a huge Tiger fan
it's more of a personality thing that I don't like
I know people that know people etc.
but;
He has contributed to golf in many ways
his 1st Tee program, his dad Earl's vision is a great thing
for golf & many underprivileged kids, got a helping hand up
not a gift they had to actually work to earn & get it
& for growing the game of golf (some good, some bad)
His personal life is a wreck, tabloids ****, billionaires types of problems
I know nothing about having...

Golf;
IMO it teaches you to honor, to respect,
to be accountable for your own actions
"teaches you far more than just; how far I can hit this lil' damn ball"
or
"get the **** out on my way, your holding me up/slowing me down"
truly lacking any patience/respect for others, doing the exact same thing
it's also a great walk/ride in, 'in a great beautiful parklike setting"

for an 1-1/2 to 2 hrs for 9 holes
3-6 hrs for 18 holes, depends on the pace of play
Me & my Golfing buds could play 18 holes (with carts)
in easily less than 2 hrs at twilight
Tourney golf is really slow, it can be 6hrs + "a round"
I did get really frustrated in some of 'them types of settings'
with everyone trying to imitate Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller, Ben Hogan
Tiger Woods or whoever's a professional routine,
that you probably shouldn't really even be doing...

When 'for most players' would benefit from quicker play
not use all the slow Pros routines
the weekend hackers, don't really know what they are even doing anyway
they're just mimicking the pros, it's probably costing them strokes

When a normal 18 holes can be played easily in 3 or fewer hrs

sorry for the short book
I guess I had a lot to say & cover there
see ya'
Wall of text -holy wall of text Batman-.jpg

Last edited:
Like always, to each his own. I enjoy the game didn’t try to make a dime off it. No defense, no refs, no excuses just you and Mother Nature.

I did it for the love of the game, to be around the people
for friends
that fact I went to work doing "something around golf"
was a bonus
I made very little $$$ off golf
it was my second/third career,
Facility Management/Construction for a dealership group
was my income
Pro-shop was more burden financially, 'than income'
a place for my kids to work stay out of trouble
my dad to have somewhere to go during his days

There's not a huge profit margin in a lil' pro-shop, very little