• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

Wow. Super and nice original car! What is the driveline and options?

I have a 1973 340, 727 with A/C, PS, PB, console and rear window defogger. I didn't buy it originally, but I have owned it since 1981 and it has been in the family since 1979. Here it is from a few years ago (it's rougher now as it has been daily driven).

Thanks, your car looks great as well. My car is a 318, however I've built it up to perform like a 340. Also has auto., p/s, p/b, many interior and exterior options but no a/c. I ordered my car with a special order paint (999 code on fender tag). I saw an Imperial on the showroom floor that was "Regal Blue Metallic" and wanted that color with white interior. My dad was the sales manager at the dealer and arranged for my car to be built with that color.
Funny, in your signature, I see you also own a 1962 Corvette. I have a 1967 Corvette Coupe, 327/4spd, Marlboro Maroon, that I've owned for over 20 years. Mopars & Vettes :thumbsup:

72 Satellite

EC24C57D-A14C-4457-B010-04D81293D9CA.jpeg

Thanks, your car looks great as well. My car is a 318, however I've built it up to perform like a 340. Also has auto., p/s, p/b, many interior and exterior options but no a/c. I ordered my car with a special order paint (999 code on fender tag). I saw an Imperial on the showroom floor that was "Regal Blue Metallic" and wanted that color with white interior. My dad was the sales manager at the dealer and arranged for my car to be built with that color.
Funny, in your signature, I see you also own a 1962 Corvette. I have a 1967 Corvette Coupe, 327/4spd, Marlboro Maroon, that I've owned for over 20 years. Mopars & Vettes :thumbsup:
My Corvette was owned by my father-in-law for many years, so it is kind of a family heirloom. He called me 3+ years ago and asked it I wanted to be the new caretaker of the car.

It is an unrestored car that was used by Noland Adams as a reference vehicle when he wrote his book (the VIN is referenced in the book). It is still extremely original so that is cool. It is a twin top 340 HP 327 with a close ratio 4 speed and a 4.11 rear. It has about 119,000 miles on it and the engine is tired, but it still gets up and goes when pressed!
20190602_095319.jpg

OK folks, now back to Mopar B-bodies! :rolleyes:

My Corvette was owned by my father-in-law for many years, so it is kind of a family heirloom. He called me 3+ years ago and asked it I wanted to be the new caretaker of the car.

It is an unrestored car that was used by Noland Adams as a reference vehicle when he wrote his book (the VIN is referenced in the book). It is still extremely original so that is cool. It is a twin top 340 HP 327 with a close ratio 4 speed and a 4.11 rear. It has about 119,000 miles on it and the engine is tired, but it still gets up and goes when pressed!

OK folks, now back to Mopar B-bodies! :rolleyes:

Great looking Vette. Nice history too.

@roadvettes

I thought that color looked a little :non-standard".

Does it have a "999" paint code?

@roadvettes

I thought that color looked a little :non-standard".

Does it have a "999" paint code?

Yes it does. Just looked at the original paperwork...it was a $65.80 option, lol.
I think that is the reason my car was built with the Chrome side view mirrors instead of the painted ones, because I didn't order chrome.

Last edited:
Starting with 72 RR. 400 727. First build and excited to finally get the car I wanted.

Screenshot_20210720-164656_Samsung Internet.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back