• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

I should know this week what (a) the insurance company is estimating and (b) what the bodyman is estimating for his labor. I figure $5,000 in parts alone (+/- 10%). Just hoping they don't total it. It's fine from the firewall back, doors open and close smoothly and aren't misaligned. Don't know about under the hood. The radiator leaked out at the accident so its either punctured or a line tore off the bottom tank. Toughest part will be the parts hunt, especially the fenders and lower valance grill. Was going to put a flat hood on and add either the air grabber w/box or a hood scoop.

P1020001 004_0001.jpg 073006_f.jpg

I should know this week what (a) the insurance company is estimating and (b) what the bodyman is estimating for his labor. I figure $5,000 in parts alone (+/- 10%). Just hoping they don't total it. It's fine from the firewall back, doors open and close smoothly and aren't misaligned. Don't know about under the hood. The radiator leaked out at the accident so its either punctured or a line tore off the bottom tank. Toughest part will be the parts hunt, especially the fenders and lower valance grill. Was going to put a flat hood on and add either the air grabber w/box or a hood scoop.

View attachment 366662 View attachment 366663
Man I hope you get the $$ to fix it. If they total it, will you get enough to cover your investment? Maybe if they total it and pay you well, you could have restored or part it out and get another? Either way, I hope you end up on the positive side of things.

Running through Deal's Gap (aka "The Dragon"); 318 curves in 11 miles. Driving the old iron is where the fun is!

1340248.jpg

View attachment 366662 View attachment 366663
Hey Brother,
any luck from your ins company one this?? pulling for you.

Not are car but worth posting the pic's.

Son was at our local QuickChek on his way home from work, sends this pic to me.
He really likes the look of these front ends.
I have to agree.
New York tags, anyone here in Washinton Twp. NJ, Friday?
Very nice looking car! :thumbsup:
I know we just started my son's car but I want one now 71 -72.
20161104_135244.jpg

20161104_135236.jpg

Last edited:
Did not rebuild the '72, sold it to a friend who is gonna turn it into a GTX clone.

Did score a '73 Satellite Sebring Plus. JY9, black roof and interior. 81k miles, 318, buckets, a/c, am/fm, rear defroster. ALL original, including the order form and window sticker. Just what I needed. Gonna run it for a year as is, then go with a 360 stroker to keep the a/c.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Not are car but worth posting the pic's.

Son was at our local QuickChek on his way home from work, sends this pic to me.
He really likes the look of these front ends.
I have to agree.
New York tags, anyone here in Washinton Twp. NJ, Friday?
Very nice looking car! :thumbsup:
I know we just started my son's car but I want one now 71 -72.
View attachment 370417
View attachment 370427
I like the front too...1972 thats why I got the car.
RR front 1.jpg

RR front 2.jpg

image.jpeg
Sorry about the car, I was biding on the 73 you bought. I wondered why all the bids were canceled. I love the 73, trying to buy back a 73 from my long ago past, it might be to far gone to save though.

Did not rebuild the '72, sold it to a friend who is gonna turn it into a GTX clone.

Did score a '73 Satellite Sebring Plus. JY9, black roof and interior. 81k miles, 318, buckets, a/c, am/fm, rear defroster. ALL original, including the order form and window sticker. Just what I needed. Gonna run it for a year as is, then go with a 360 stroker to keep the a/c.

View attachment 371055 View attachment 371056

View attachment 371938 Sorry about the car, I was biding on the 73 you bought. I wondered why all the bids were canceled. I love the 73, trying to buy back a 73 from my long ago past, it might be to far gone to save though.
Sorry, Lt. The '73 SSP is nice. Its got a way to go. It had a professionally done repaint (not MAACO) a long time ago, like 20-30 yrs timeframe. Interior is very clean. Short term, it needs shocks and wheel balancing. I'm gonna add a frnt sway bar and a SG to the 8 1/4 rear, with either 3.21 or 3.55 ring gears. Winter of 2017 will be the 360/408 build.

Auto Transport Service
Back