• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show your 66 t0 70 thread

here is my 70 coronet 440, superbee clone.

DSC_0149 123.jpg

DSC_0154 123.jpg

'69 Charger R/T...in progress.

Jason

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

wooow beautiful R R,,,may i ask,,whats with the turn table in ur garage???? almost made me think you dont have reverse,,kidding,,, no B body here,,,66 A body,,but wouldnt dare post a pic on this topic,,,

I think it looks like the turn table from Best of Automotive. They usually have some spectacular cars and I am on the mailing list to read about the new ones coming in (not that I could ever afford any of them.
http://inventory.bestofshowautomotive.com/allcars.asp

Here is MY 1969 Charger RT/SE when I brought it home. It should be on the road next spring with a transplanted 400 from a 72 Newport. It will take some time to put a 440 back together for it. Anyone have a good steel crank they want to part with?

Charger at home.jpg

Charger at pickup.jpg

I think it looks like the turn table from Best of Automotive. They usually have some spectacular cars and I am on the mailing list to read about the new ones coming in (not that I could ever afford any of them.
http://inventory.bestofshowautomotive.com/allcars.asp

Here is MY 1969 Charger RT/SE when I brought it home. It should be on the road next spring with a transplanted 400 from a 72 Newport. It will take some time to put a 440 back together for it. Anyone have a good steel crank they want to part with?

That is my Roadrunner. I bought it from them in March of this year.

Excellent !!! I have always wanted to visit their showroom cause it looks like it would be the coolest place in the world... They were within 3 hours of my house and now they have moved to Charlotte NC. The stories they tell about the cars are amazing and it is soo cool they seem to be very much into Mopars and any "old cars". The website is a picture junkies dream too.
Is this it?? http://inventory.bestofshowautomotive.com/CarDetails_sold_post2010.asp?VIN=131835

Excellent !!! I have always wanted to visit their showroom cause it looks like it would be the coolest place in the world... They were within 3 hours of my house and now they have moved to Charlotte NC. The stories they tell about the cars are amazing and it is soo cool they seem to be very much into Mopars and any "old cars". The website is a picture junkies dream too.
Is this it?? http://inventory.bestofshowautomotive.com/CarDetails_sold_post2010.asp?VIN=131835

Yes, that's the one. They are a great bunch of guys. You won't go there and find any junk.

Here is my current project (slow moving in the progress department) 68' Coronet 500, my old B-body's 68' Sattelite, 68' GTX, 69' roadrunner.

IMG_0778.jpg

image0.jpg

image0-5.jpg

image0-2.jpg

My old Bee's, the blue one is a factory FM3 panther pink 383 4spd car and the lime green one still in it's factory color. And my Dad's old 69' roadrunner that he bought new in 69.

image0-3.jpg

image0-11.jpg

image0.jpg

Great bunch of cars on here but they all seem to fall into 3 categories.

1. Doesn't run, in dire need of restoration not able to actually see the road. Great starters!
2. In the middle of being restored and not able to actually see the road (jealousy creeping in).
3. Finished product without a speck of road dirt and not able to actually see the road except on perfect days to get to a show. Drool factor.

What ever happened to the cars that get driven regularly? One of the reasons I don't show mine often is because I'm always up against restored cars where mine is just a well kept car that is old. Open my hood or look under the car and there is 44 years of road dirt, grease and sprayed oil mixed in with probably a few spots of rust (I just hose it off regularly). Had a color change back in early 90s but other than a motor upgrade, I still drive the car often in horrible weather. All original interior and except for left front fender, all original body parts to the best of my knowledge since I didn't buy it new. Hasn't hit 100,000 miles yet (but unknown miles on replacement engine). All the driving is short range.

first day.JPG

charger left rear 12-19-03.jpg

MVC-003S.JPG

Chrgrdash1.JPG

RPG_0026.jpg

DSC_0265_renamed_9749.jpg

My new Project 67 Charger. I just started this one about 3 months ago.Making repairs due to a new windshield installation that the installer used the original gasket. what an idiot! It set in a dodge dealership(in San Antonio) back lot for 6 months filling up with rain water.She's getting lots of TLC now, but alot to do to get it in show shape.51K original miles, box stock 383 4bbl 727 TF. A real SWEETHEART! Oh, and the AC works!

RPG_0027.jpg

RPG_0028.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back