• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Timing cover for 318 Poly

Status
Not open for further replies.

1KoolBee

Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Just resurrected my ‘66 satellite from an 8 year slumber but the front cover now sports a small geyser. Anyone have a decent front cover for sale for a 318 poly they could ship to north Idaho?

If it rotted through to the outside I would worried be about a hole inside dumping coolant into the oil. I would replace it.

If it rotted through to the outside I would worried be about a hole inside dumping coolant into the oil. I would replace it.
Good point, I’ll check oil. Just trying to keep her running/ moving until i swap in a big big-block.

Thanks but I’ve found that the putty is considerably weaker than regular JB Weld.

Ok, oil is still good, so I pulled the water pump and cleaned hole area with a dremel sanding drum & some lacquer thinner, then I ground out the hole with a grinding stone to get rid of corrosion. Hole got twice as big. I mixed up some JB and cut a small patch of carbon mesh and patched up the hole. I’ll let her set up for a few days, maybe apply some heat to speed the cure, and give it a go. Worst case, I just replace it if the JB doesn’t work. I’ve fixed some crazy things with JB in the past. Thanks for the support.

Just needs to hold until I swap this in

CC4F4BA3-AAE6-4ED9-BD59-F8F6A10D69FD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back