• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips on removing the red plastic quarter panel insert

kliv555

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience on removing the plastic insert on the rear quarters of a 68 charger? I am wondering if they are just clipped on or actually have some adhesive on the outside? I don’t want to force anything so figured I should just ask first. Thanks.

E120589A-E5B6-4854-B583-DD5B1D9AF345.jpeg

Are you asking about the round marker light? They are held on with a nut from the inside of the quarter panel if you have removed the nut the gasket is just stuck use a putty knife around the perimeter to break it loose.

The rear red ones should pop out as mentioned above. The front ambers are a whole different ball game.

..............The front ambers are a whole different ball game.
You got that right. They are a PITA. Poor design. I wish they designed the fronts like the rear ones in which I'm going to fab up something to replicate how the rear ones work. You ever try to remove the light bulb from a front assembly? Damn near impossible.

Auto Transport Service
Back