• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Flame or Not to Flame is the Question?

Got them on my '65 wagon. I bought the car because I liked the paint job and was looking for a wagon.
Weeks_65 CoronetWeb.jpg

Stock tires on a 71 or newer Roadrunner look like toothpick legs and tiny feet on a wide load *** like in RC's pic. I have tried to like that body style, but the ONLY one I have seen that I like had giant fat tires in tubs under the fenderwells and side ground effects. THAT one looked GREAT! The biggest factor to acceptable appearance on that body style is big fatties inside the rear quarters. Just my opinion, no harm intended.

I don't care for flames on my car.I see some that look pretty cool,,,,,,,,tiseash

The Cuda belongs to Al A on the west coast.

I bought a car i liked, despite having the third-worst flame job i've seen. It's so lame, it's not even on the right end of the car. It's not getting out of the garage till they're gone. No flames on anything I own ever again.

IMO depends on the car & the style of flames...

not all builds can pull it off & look good

not all flame jobs are equal, some just plain suck
I do like some of the true flame stuff,
if it's not way over done, subtle stuff
like Mike Lavallie{spelling}, from Wash. state

it has to fit the build style

I use to like it on old 20's-30's-40's coupes done correctly
& Willys gassers etc.

not really on a daily driver type build,
the over the top yellows, reds, whites & oranges can overwhelm
the rest of the car

Ghost flames in a stripe or something is OK, on the right car

my $0.25 cents

IMO great for a show or race car. Not so great for a driver. I found that I was paranoid about taking my truck out in fear that it would get a ding or door dent. Consequently, I hardly ever drove it. There's no enjoyment in staring at it and dusting it in the garage.
In the end it's what you want that's important...

DSCN0898.JPG DSCN1282.JPG DSCN1290.JPG DSCN1256.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back