• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Lower or Not

grubby65

Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
The Polara has 2" lowering blocks, which I removed to see what it would look like. What do you think should I keep the raked look or go back to the almost level look? Personally I think the rake is a little too much.
Before with 2" Lowering blocks
055.jpg
After blocks removed
IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1054.jpg

I like the level look. A little rake is cool but there is a fine line imho....

I agree, I was thinking about getting a 1" set of blocks and see how that looks. I will tell you this much it sure drives differently without the blocks.

Too much without the blocks....plus, *** in the air=less traction and negates caster angles in the front end alignment. I actually like the rear to be even lower and shoot for no more than 1" rake angle.

Last edited:
I LOVE the Lifted look..in moderation
I am personally anti-lowered (Low Rider) look

BUT: Rule #1
It's your car, do as you like

from the side view it looks like the rear shackles are longer than stock also?

Sweet '64!

Keep it level. Your car will love you for it.

Looks like you're useing two different tires. The tires on the top pic look really tall...

Sweet '64!

Keep it level. Your car will love you for it.

Looks like you're useing two different tires. The tires on the top pic look really tall...
The tires are staggered.
The rear tires in the first picture are an old Bias-Ply cheater slick. They were 29.5" tall. I just got done switching everything over to radials. I pulled the leveling blocks out while installing the tires. The new tires are 205/75-15's (27" dia.) in the front and 285/70-15's (30.7" dia.) in the rear.

Was initially against the rake. But after I did it on my 67 GTX I really like it. I think the rake is period correct for this year cars and looks rock solid.

Yours IMO is a bit high. I'd bring it down a bit in the rear.

I like the VERY TOP picture,semi level, they IMO don't look good JACKED UP,
TOOOO GHETTOIEEE!!

I like a little bit of rake but there`s to much without the blocks. I`d try lifting the front a little bit to see what that would look like. Nice car either way!

The dude says 4" blocks out back and 2" lowered front spindles. How low can you go?! :)

I'm with just about everyone else. I go for the more leveled look on that car.

this sits nice TowelCity_Dodge330-1[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

like this also has a nice stance [video]https://youtu.be/_J7DmCDeeTk[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

this has a nice stance also[video]https://youtu.be/RvstosuJsuc[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back