• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today i've been at the car show despite bad weather

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
It was raining and relatively cold but that did not stop me and a bunch of other enthusiasts to enjoy the street mag show in geiselwind, germany today.
Not as many cars as last time (pre covid) probably due to the bad weather but it was still worth going IMHO.

One of my highlights was this C4 corvette which had an 80s "glitter" paint job and widebody which looked great
in person. Unfortunately photos really don't do it justice. (Looks like pretty regular paint on photo but it really isn't.)

IMG_1807.jpg

Not to many mopars but i've seen a 72 fury coupe.
I really like those but never before seen one in person. So that was quite something aswell!

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

No good cars there?

Well it rained so many didn't show up and i ignored stuff like mustangs (old and new) and hellcats completely.
I'm also not very familiar with cars built before the late 60s so i mostly ignored them aswell. (With a few exceptions not really my thing)

But you rarely see really nice late 60s/70s cars at these shows. (That i've been too)
You get lucky here and there but mostly stuff like you see in the pictures.
I plan on going to another show next week. Maybe there will be something out of the ordinary.

But this is complaining on a high level really.
Most people won't even be able to tell the difference between a base and r/t charger.
All these cars pictured are still way superior to 99% of vehicles on the road today.

Some good cars (and knowledgeable people) were in Homberg near Kassel at the anual Mid Mopar Meeting.

View attachment 1345223
Nice 5 Hundy! Looks pretty sharp with red walls and bias, stripe delete though? Have been working on a buddy's F8 Green one recently...

Good to see some German carshow photos though, I guess your cruise and show season is just about wrapped up for the year before the weather gets cold.

Different show

thanks for sharing

Thanks for the pictures, pretty good turn out for a wet day.

Well it rained so many didn't show up and i ignored stuff like mustangs (old and new) and hellcats completely.
I'm also not very familiar with cars built before the late 60s so i mostly ignored them aswell. (With a few exceptions not really my thing)

But you rarely see really nice late 60s/70s cars at these shows. (That i've been too)
You get lucky here and there but mostly stuff like you see in the pictures.
I plan on going to another show next week. Maybe there will be something out of the ordinary.

But this is complaining on a high level really.
Most people won't even be able to tell the difference between a base and r/t charger.
All these cars pictured are still way superior to 99% of vehicles on the road today.
Thanks for the pictures. It is sort of funny...all those cars are pretty common here so your pictures don't seem all that unusual until I remembered that you're in Germany!

I get to Kassel a couple times a year. Now I think I should plan the dates better.
Maybe you can shoot for mid September. Here are some impressions from last year with better weather. One of the last meetings where it's possible to do some burnouts on site.

Mitchopolis

DSC_0880xkl.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. It is sort of funny...all those cars are pretty common here so your pictures don't seem all that unusual until I remembered that you're in Germany!

When i've been to san mateo and las vegas i've mostly seen hondas and toyotas and all sorts of other new cars. That was in late 2018.
So it's better in other places?

I miss going to the American car shows in GE, NL, and BE. All were a lot of fun, and I love the idea of a weekend show where you can camp on-site in your car, a caravan, or a tent. I need to break out pictures of the shows me and my wife went to over there in our 1985 D-150 short-bed 4x2. I sold that to a friend in Belgium in early 1991.

When i've been to san mateo and las vegas i've mostly seen hondas and toyotas and all sorts of other new cars. That was in late 2018.
So it's better in other places?
I should have stayed that those cars are still seen on the roads occasionally compared to the 60s and 70s classics. That is what I have noticed.

Maybe you can shoot for mid September. Here are some impressions from last year with better weather. One of the last meetings where it's possible to do some burnouts on site.

Mitchopolis

View attachment 1345688
Hey, thanks for the link to Mitchopolis - some great pics in there - looks like a cool event.
Real good to see a few Fin Cars in there too.

Auto Transport Service
Back