• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tony D'Agostino responds to comments about GYC show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the show about the guy in India who took a grinder and welder to hammer out a POS common car into a unique custom wild car in just a week or so. I’m sure that they glommed on a ton of Bondo, but his creativity was pretty awesome. I think he moved to the UK and then the show died.

GYK is OK, but way too much chick type drama.

I watch the show for the cars. All the drama is for t.v. I just ignore it. I have respect for Will and how he handles Mark and just does his job. I personally think it would be great to have Tony on the show full time. To correct Mark's errors for one and two, just for his knowledge to help continue to pumping out nice restored Mopars.

a DVR is your friend

my dad puts up with me watching,
all the car shows, several I watch regularly
(he doesn't have much choice, unless he goes into the other room)
But he isn't really a car guy at all, he doesn't get it even
but;
he absolutely hates Mark & GYC's as a whole !!

(I know some Negative Nancy's here hate it when you start a sentence with, So :poke: )
So some of the non Motorheads/Gearheads, feel the same way,
as many of US Motorheads/Gearheads all do too,
about the content of the show, crappy skits & grabass BS

That last episode was so damn bad
it took like 5 min.'s to watch what was any real content
fast forwarded thru the whole show almost
"a show about getting an e-mail & a new contract
& some OSHA BS from Will (the painter) "allegedly"
turning them into OSHA" on a car show

The only reason I still even attempt to watch, at all,
is the cars/cool MoPars
every once in a while, they show something interesting
the rest is like watching some ******** argue
or Mark insulting others or do some stupid lame dance,
or Mark's lame *** jokes or "tag line" from some movie
(most who watch don't get or care about)
or Mark hump a fire extinguisher
or some other lame *** scripted (really bad) drama BS

& I don't think they (Motor Trend or Mark Worman) even care,
whether we even like the show, or not
OBVIOUSLY !!!

"Only a handful of people, can do this stuff"
all the Markism's (grab *** BS & stupid scripted, not funny commentary)
has gone way too far !!!
It's too bad, because it could have been so much better..

It is the only MoPar Show, it's such a shame...

the ol' adage;
a fool & his money are soon parted
comes to mind

Last edited:
Mopars or not I can't watch it at all. They are not far from me actually and I even thought about stopping by there early on, but after seeing the BS I just could not do it. Now, perhaps Mark is a decent human being (doubtful) but I am not willing to waste a second of my time to find out. It is really too bad, I truly wish the show was better.

Sadly GYC idea was always a comedy show with a backdrop of Mopar restorations. It will always be that, Mark cannot stop. The season is at least shot 6 months in the past. So either the MT comment is BS or somehow when they filmed the season they had a feeling the first four episodes would bomb and say it will change with episode 5? After every episode on facebook and instagram they ask how the show was liked and they get told what everyone here stated. I was banned from the facebook page when they asked give us examples on how to improve. I did and received a snarky reply from GYC and blocked. Oh well no big loss. It will not be the last time they say we are changing unless they get cancelled.

Even though I don't watch the show I would have to agree with BB14404SPD's comments about the logic. I had to chuckle at the FB issues; why ask a question and then block someone when they answer even though you don't like the answer, typically juvenile and just speaks to how jacked up GYC is. What IMO really adds insult to injury is their professed "love" for the brand when they really are not doing it or the hobby any favors.

Anyone that trolls for applause and then gets pissed when they get criticism needs a kick in the ***.
I've had it with low self esteem assclowns that ask for feedback when all they want to hear is validation for their efforts. If I am asked an opinion, I'm going to give it. I can be your biggest fan but I am not a liar. If what you're doing is boring, stupid or wrong, I'm going to point it out when asked. If you are such a stubborn, egotistical jerkoff that you refuse to accept the possibility that you can be wrong, you need a harsh dose of reality.
Wouldn't you rather hear the truth so you can improve in areas that don't work well?

a better show would be just going around and visiting the guys on this forum,FFS! Might find a worman once in a while which would be entertaining,but not every week!

I just shared a link to this thread on his Twitter page in response to his question.

Screenshot_2020-01-02-11-29-12.png

It might attract a few new FBBOers signing up.

Or start a $hit$how. :bananaweed:

He asked for input so I gave it to him for better or worse.

The underlying theme in life in general is that you can't fix a problem if you don't realize it exists in the first place. Honesty is NEVER a bad option.

I just shared a link to this thread on his Twitter page in response to his question.

View attachment 888965

It might attract a few new FBBOers signing up.

Or start a $hit$how. :bananaweed:

He asked for input so I gave it to him for better or worse.

The underlying theme in life in general is that you can't fix a problem if you don't realize it exists in the first place. Honesty is NEVER a bad option.

He knows he is just unwilling to fix it........they used to come here and we told them the same thing.....this is NOT new news but they are trying to fool people to think they do care......

If it walks like a duck...well.....

As long as their sponsors continue to fund their type of show, the show will go on!

I like like watching the shaved head guy, what is it called Full Custom Garage?? He builds stuff and you see him do stuff. He has actual talent. No stupid chit either.

Food for thought. Read the description.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Plymouth-Fury/164010860306?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It's important to note that this car is not done and ready to ship. There was a rush to have the car at SEMA, so we did what we had to do to get it there on time. Basically, that means we didn't have the time to QC and fit everything like we wanted, so we're doing that now. We do have to rework the bodywork on the left and right quarter due to filler cracking at the molding attaching points. Final assembly and delivery will be May 2020. The car can be inspected at any time and I would encourage you to do so.

The last show that I saw had more of the BS drama and more air time of the camera crew...Stuff that no car guy gives a crap about.

BB14404SPD - to be fair, your post comes off totally as a for sale ad, I now realize it is not you selling it but to be honest when I rear the post I had the feeling you were, in fact I was thinking you were from GYC... just being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back