• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tool for forming round to square header tubing

1amtiq.jpg

I just noticed, this hemi is on a bike! Yahoo, hope it has electric start.

I saw a guy with a Boss Hoss, chevy big block. I can get having a small block, but that big block was extreme. I asked him about the torque when accelerating and he said you have to hang on to it. He also stated not to start it by standing next to it verses sitting on it. He found out the hard way when it flopped right over after cranking it.

Looks pretty cool. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

I just noticed, this hemi is on a bike! Yahoo, hope it has electric start.

I saw a guy with a Boss Hoss, chevy big block. I can get having a small block, but that big block was extreme. I asked him about the torque when accelerating and he said you have to hang on to it. He also stated not to start it by standing next to it verses sitting on it. He found out the hard way when it flopped right over after cranking it.

Looks pretty cool. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

I like to think of it as being two wheels mounted on a Hemi.:)
Hanging on to torque is a problem that is dealt with in the controls. I agree that burping the throttle on something like this needs to be done with care when not moving. At speed, it is much like feeling a side wind and no big deal.
As for kick-starting:)--Its funny you mentioned that. In the pic you can see my "kick starter". It is from a Honda 90. My intent is that it would trip the electric starting. And with the engine being fuel injected it should come to life with ease.

headers are fun to figger out , have done a few setups , these are all home made from some 45 deg ? n 90's . and i hand made the flanges n collectors as well .
DSC03260.JPG
DSC03261.JPG
DSC03275.JPG
DSC03278.JPG
DSC04033.JPG
DSC03267.JPG
DSC03265.JPG

I like to think of it as being two wheels mounted on a Hemi.:)
Hanging on to torque is a problem that is dealt with in the controls. I agree that burping the throttle on something like this needs to be done with care when not moving. At speed, it is much like feeling a side wind and no big deal.
As for kick-starting:)--Its funny you mentioned that. In the pic you can see my "kick starter". It is from a Honda 90. My intent is that it would trip the electric starting. And with the engine being fuel injected it should come to life with ease.

I'm liking the kick starter idea! :thumbsup:

headers are fun to figger out , have done a few setups , these are all home made from some 45 deg ? n 90's . and i hand made the flanges n collectors as well .View attachment 604655 View attachment 604656 View attachment 604657 View attachment 604658 View attachment 604659 View attachment 604660 View attachment 604661

How did you form your tubes to the square ports?
I bought a kit of 45 degree and 90 degree bends to work with . Also a couple of welded doughnuts for the tightest bends.

Last edited:
I had many puzzles to solve to make this workout. And making tools as needed got me to this point.

IMG_0266 (Large).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back