• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tools Explained

adjustable-wrench.jpg

British wrenches.. I have a few and could never figure it out..

I like this stuff--BTW a paint stick can fix it.:)--It is what it is.

I was asked once on a job why I didn't order a complete set of "metric" wrenches for our job. (some of it was metric sizes).

My response was that we only needed a -very few sizes to fill the gaps -that what we had on hand would not fit our task and that we already had those sizes. He was outraged at my blasphemy. His outrage was funny at first but became a point of contention.

Lesson learned by me. Some folks just have to have all the ducks in a row. Disrupting that row can be a challenge indeed.

Last edited:
That's some funny **** right there.
1/4 of what? Two inches? AKA 1/2 inch?
That is a Whitworth wrench. While at first glance it makes no sense, that 1/4 that you see is the thread O.D. size, not the hex on top of the bolt. That is why the opening always looks much larger than you expect.

I used to have a lot of those, my dad was a mechanic who worked on English cars. I ended up giving them to my brother who is in a British Car Club.

Last edited:
Local guy selling a Makita circular saw on FB....doesn't cut that well. I wonder what would happen if he turned the blade around the correct way? :jackoff:

upload_2019-3-12_9-41-45.png

:lol:

You guys ever check out AvE on You-tube? He developed a type of pry bar that have no problems fitting in any tool box. I tried google image to see if there was anything like it out there. I came up with nothing of the same design. Check it out. You might find it interesting and humorous. His language is kind of strong. Typical Canadian eh? lol
If you want to get to the jest of it all skip ahead to about 10 minutes in.

No video in your response but I get the concept just looking at the picture. Pretty cool actually.
I was looking forward to the strong language but was denied.

Auto Transport Service
Back