• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 3 Greatest Guitarist Ever

I don't know if he's been mentioned or not, but I always thought that Lindsey Buckingham was underrated.

IMO opinion the top three would include Keith Richards of the stones followed up by Muddy waters, Clapton and geez where do you stop! I agree with you guys so much talent.. !
another that liked Muddy Waters :thumbsup:

Nice trio - 1978

A75475BD-C8C5-4B1A-A247-6AD1466F8F2D.jpeg

I can't believe it....seven pages and not a single mention of Hank Marvin......

....and of course how could we forget Pete Ham from Badfinger ...... his slide guitar was outstanding (apparently over-dubbed by George Harrison)

...and if any more proof of Prince's prowess on the strings is needed....watch this one towards the end....

It's almost like Prince is taunting Tom Petty there.
:lowdown:

I agree "the Artist" plays a mean guitar but I'm disappointed that he chose to NOT use it in 99% of his recorded material.

Seems like a waste.

I understand he sold a lot of records, but still.

I agree "the Artist" plays a mean guitar but I'm disappointed that he chose to NOT use it in 99% of his recorded material.

Seems like a waste.

I understand he sold a lot of records, but still.
He played session on many other artist's albums.

Prince's talent was like an iceberg.....you only really saw 10% of his work.....the rest was done behind the scenes. :)

Prince sure rocked that Telecaster! I’m impressed!

So who is going to tally up the winner? I will bet that it is going to be Eddie Van Halen. Just from reading all the posts over the past month or so, it seems like his name came up alot...

I only listed those I'd seen live but Jeff Healey was very talented:
Watch all the way through

Frank Marino
Poppa Chubby
Junior Brown

I love to watch Garry Moore play with his facial expressions.
Frank Zappa was a great composer.
Garry Hoey is also amusing to listen to when you are smokin

Gus

Forgot about junior brown he freaking kicks it ! Also Pink Floyd ,Waters and ? I forgot his name dang it...

Frank Marino has a few really really good albums....1 that is live that is crazy good!

...and if any more proof of Prince's prowess on the strings is needed....watch this one towards the end....

It's almost like Prince is taunting Tom Petty there.
:lowdown:

Prince had talent, but Everytime I heard one of his songs come on the radio, I turned the station.

Harrison’s son looks just like him, but if you watch him, all he does is hold the guitar and strum it, he doesn’t play it.

Forgot about junior brown he freaking kicks it ! Also Pink Floyd ,Waters and ? I forgot his name dang it...

David Gilmore.

The only guy ballsy enough to play a Fender Strat at the "Les Paul" lifetime achievement show.

Auto Transport Service
Back