• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tow bar brackets

Button pusher

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
Wondering if any one has a template for tow bar brackets for something similar to the photo below. Don't think it would be too hard to fabricate something like that but thought I would check first.
Thanks

upload_2019-4-16_12-54-43.png

No template but easy, bolted homemade bracket tabs to the bumper bolt frame horns.Now that was 49 years ago.We made our own tow bar to match the width of the tabs. Only photo I got,you can just see 'um.
keystone_a5.JPG

A-Frames.....I remember those days. :D

upload_2019-4-17_7-56-35.png

Two friends along for the ride got drunk within about 100 miles.... :lol:

Mine were just angle iron bolted to the bumper mounts. The tow bar angle iron with the tabs matched to the width of the bumper angles.

Brackets made from 3/8 steel, with a chain loop welded on, two inch 1/8 wall towbar, very heavy, and tow hubs made from amc front hubs with 1/2" plate welded on, drilled for bolt pattern.
Used to flat-tow a 440 powered duster to riverside raceway in the eighties.

20190416_143228.jpg

Looks familiar. I flat towed my '65 Coronet around for 6 years, including many trips from St Paul, Mn to Byron IL. But a trailer is better.

I just welded a hoop to the front of my lower core support which is now 2x2 boxed tubing, not the original sheet metal pulling at the race track with golf cart. Of course this is not for flat towing on major roadways. Also made a push mount on the chute and push bar for golf cart as well.

Challenger Progress 018 [640x480].jpg 100_1663 [640x480].jpg IMG_20130811_165905_586.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back