• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

toys from when we where kids

I always wanted a minibike as a kid, but now that I can afford to get one, I won't get one because a grown man on a minibike looks retarded. Same goes for a stingray bike.
I had them as a kid, several different ones, go-carts too
mostly 'hand me downs' from Joe an older cousin
my step dad Bob did a bunch of work on his cars, bikes etc.
I'd be out helping (getting in the way)
Or something I found, 'Cheap' then I'd try to build myself...

yep... Agreed

they're still cool

But;
you won't see me on one either

albeit I did ride either a little 'pit bike'/scooter etc.
around as an adult for years, not much different

Last edited:
come you guys crack me up you are never too old :rofl: I put on a old set of roller skates to show my grandaughter an about broke my Fn neck she thought it was funny as all hell goes :rofl:

remember building these old things back in the day
skatecrate_OLD12B.jpg

and we even made skate boards before they became a fad:rofl:

we sure did have a ball creating dangerous toys for amusement:lol:

20181005_175418.jpg
20181005_175342.jpg
kDidn't want no lionel, they were wrong, every 5 year old knew that. Real trains only had two tracks! Mine had to be American Flyer. (Original box, engine and other cars in convoluted cardboard)

My friends sister had a { Twist } board , store bought about 1foot sq. piece of wood with casters that would 360. she would practice the twist while playing her records. We swiped that board and road it down a hill on a paved street, it lasted a few trips then was trashed.
She was really pissed. :rofl:

The old man would let me and my brother take a axe to the timber when we was 8 /9 years old to build forts , tree houses, bridges over the crick. we always returned with all our body parts.
Years later I asked him if he figured we would both come back. lol

Cap guns , air guns , then the big stuff BB guns.
Had a old briggs mini bike with solid foot pegs, you find the lean over point real fast and when riding double guy on back had to keep his pants leg out of the chain and sprocket. Im sitting here laughing thinking about that stuff, man we had fun.

Car repair pre-requisite...……….
upload_2018-10-6_6-41-4.png

And I still can't do body work!

A couple "electronic" games...……
thEYXEEULB.jpg

upload_2018-10-6_6-48-5.png

Auto Transport Service
Back