• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Take your kids hunting

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
Took three kids out hunting today. It was awesome. My own daughter is an accomplished hunter as is the girl on the back right in the photo. She’s not old enough to drive yet.
Just trying to keep old traditions alive.
IMG_2507.jpeg

That is beautiful! Both the elk and the memories made with the young ones! Thank you!

Were you down on your (private game farm) heh heh?
Do you have an early and late season?
Our boys both took hunter safety and hunted a little.
Nice bull I know people that hunted over 25 years and never got a bull.

Were you down on your (private game farm) heh heh?
Do you have an early and late season?
Our boys both took hunter safety and hunted a little.
Nice bull I know people that hunted over 25 years and never got a bull.
I have land by Peace River, Alberta. Got nice bulls there five years out of six now, generally first or second day. This is probably the smallest one but he is still around 750-800 pounds. Last years was over 900 pounds.
As a non resident (even though I’ve owned the land for 35 years) I can only shoot big bull elk and buck whitetails.
My season is September 17th to around November 20th.
Got a few really nice deer there over the years, as well.
My daughter is also a avid hunter and shooter so she gets the land when I am done with it to keep the tradition going.

Last edited:
The fifteen year old girl in the first photo got this beautiful whitetail tonight in almost the exact spot I shot my elk. One shot, she dropped it in its tracks.View attachment 1553300
Can’t remember, is that on your private hunting estate?
Just read an old post and realize you already answered the question previously.

Good job! I take my daughter out as much as I can, she loves looking for pheasant, hanging in the duck blind and going to bear camp. This winter I'm taking her with me on a holiday doe hunt, heater in the blind required lol.
20221015_094035.jpg

Can’t remember, is that on your private hunting estate?
Just read an old post and realize you already answered the question previously.
All on my place. This is the one my buddys wife got on the same field I shot mine on the week before. Largest one any of us have ever seen in our area. 545 pounds of actual meat.
IMG_2524.png
Live weight close to 1100 pounds. When they brought the headless, skinned carcass to the butcher he thought it was a moose. Monday morning there was seven moose standing in my field but I can only shoot whitetails and elk.

For many years my cousin and I hunted together, Then it was with our sons, then his grandsons, my oldest grandson does not have much interest in hunting. Unfortunately I lost my cousin in September. I do hope that his grandsons will still want to chase a pheasant with me on Thanksgiving morning

IMG_5712.jpeg

IMG_5710.jpeg

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

I wish my kids had been interested in hunting at our place in the mountains. My grandson is but hasn't finished the hunters' safety course. A friend set up some game cameras at my place. These shots were caught by a game camera about 250 feet from my cabin. See date stampThere's plenty of elk, mule deer and turkeys up there.
Terry W.

Cougar 1.jpg

Cougar 2.jpg

I quit hunting about 20 years ago. I used to hunt a lot. I don't think I could kill for sport anymore. I know all the arguments for hunting, conservation, meat, etc. I just choose not to do it any longer. There is not a chance in Hell my kids would enjoy it. We are conservative Republicans not flaming liberals.

I quit hunting about 20 years ago. I used to hunt a lot. I don't think I could kill for sport anymore. I know all the arguments for hunting, conservation, meat, etc. I just choose not to do it any longer. There is not a chance in Hell my kids would enjoy it. We are conservative Republicans not flaming liberals.
No one here will fault you for your
decisions. There's nothing I really
enjoyed more than placing my
shooting skills against very wary
upland birds and waterfowl.
Age has halted my passions, but I
possess memories that will last
'till my dying day.
I taught both of my kids to hunt
and both seem to pursue hunting
with the same passion.
I also learned a thousand different
ways to cook a duck where they're
half-way edible.

I think there is a primal instinct involved in hunting especially for men. I don't fault anyone for hunting it's just not for me any longer. My daughter is a vet nurse so she would never hurt an animal and my son is also an animal lover. Since he moved to the country he now has ducks and chickens to go along with his giant python, about 4 aquariums, plus two cats and two dogs.

If I wanted to hunt deer, antelope turkeys, rabbits and sometimes bears or MountainLions I would have to open my back door.

I think there is a primal instinct involved in hunting especially for men. I don't fault anyone for hunting it's just not for me any longer. My daughter is a vet nurse so she would never hurt an animal and my son is also an animal lover. Since he moved to the country he now has ducks and chickens to go along with his giant python, about 4 aquariums, plus two cats and two dogs.

If I wanted to hunt deer, antelope turkeys, rabbits and sometimes bears or MountainLions I would have to open my back door.
Open that door !

If you’ve seen my posts on cat rescue and evacuations you would probably agree that I’m an animal lover but unless you’re vegetarian and never eat red meat you’re no different than me. My elk and deer lead a better life and had a better, more dignified death then any domesticated livestock.

20 years ago I would have never thought I would miss a deer season. I still go out with my bow. I think mostly so I can keep the conversations with my customers. Swap some pictures and stories. I don't plan on killing another deer. I do like to eat a couple pheasants a year and love to work my dog.
I have very fond memories of being the kid that got to go hunting and fishing.
The last year I hunted with my grandpa and my great uncle, grandpa was 88 and uncle Bill was 91.

Auto Transport Service
Back