• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Track day with the Green Slime

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
I met up with some old buddies this last Wed at Sears Point to see what it was like to be back on the track after 14+ years. I actually remembered which direction to go so that was a good start.

The 66 Belvedere was slow but I still had a great time. At some point I heard a thump sound coming from the engine compartment and it didn't take me long to figure I had a broken motor mount. The thump was the RT side exhaust manifold hitting the shock tower. Nothing fell off and it got me home, so all good. A buddy found me a pull strap and I tied the motor down before the last run.

Pretty much a solid 17.50 car at 75 MPH :tired:

Four runs total
17.52 RT .021
17.66 RT .117
17.51 RT .012
17.67 RT .327 (must have fallen asleep because that crappy RT cost me the race).

The car is bone stock with about 100K on a rebuilt 383. The only exceptions are:

A 4BBL intake and a 625 AFB, a borrowed air grabber air cleaner from my RR and some factory chrome valve covers I threw on it. The only reason the 4BBL is on it is because I was having issues with the 2BBL, and, well, the known working AFB was handy. All that good stuff on the inlet had to fight its way out through a single exhaust :rolling:

Super stock springs for a 3700 lb car and no idea what gear. Open rear end and was breaking traction on launch - but I was able to contain it :tongueflap:

A 440 is in the works along with a sure grip and the usual mods.

DSC00226.JPG

DSC00224.JPG

More pics from the event. The Green Slime II in all it's glory!

The early A's are my buddies cars. The fish got to 12.57 and the Valium had major traction issues but still made a 13.3.

DSC00212.JPG

DSC00219.JPG

DSC00211.JPG

Sweet Pics, I used to live in San Jose Ca. I miss the old dragstrip there, searspoint, infineon what ever they call it???

Cool Belvedere keep us posted!

Auto Transport Service
Back