• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trailer hitch help

Rick_Knecht

Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1966 Dodge Coronet six passenger wagon. Has a built 440 Magnum, 727, and a bucket seat interior with console. I would like to be able to pull my vintage camper with this wagon. I cannot find a hitch. Local shops will not create or install one unless it is in their catalog. Can anyone point me to where I can get one? Or if someone has one on a wagon, can someone send me detailed pics of installation points and I will build one myself? Thanks.
Rick in cold Iowa

Years ago I built one for a 66 Belvedere sedan and used the factory tie down points as the rear attachments for it. You might try surfing Ebay for one?

They did make them from the factory.

I've seen at least one on ebay.

There is "not worth repair" 66 Coronet 2D on cl down here that has one, but the seller (a resto shop) wants top dollar for the rusted hulk and won't part it out.

A local u-pull has a 4D 73 Coronet with one that I'd like to snag for my Satellite.

You think one for a 66 is an odd design...just add a lower valance, gas door and filler neck to work around.

I have seen a few very high dollar ones on eBay but since their pics show differing designs who knows what really fits or does not. Been burnt before. Like to see a detailed pic of one installed.

Auto Transport Service
Back