• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transforming 71 SSP into a 71 RR-Plus

rog_allen

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Just got bumpers back from keystone in Minneapolis Minnesota , they were re-pressed or "stamped" and triple chrome plated .. im speechless Wow !!!!!! :headbang:

the body work is done.. the doors trunk and under hood are jammed with fj6 sassy and last Friday the body was epoxy primer sealed .. will be sitting for 4 to 5 weeks then blocked one more time incase of any shrinkage ... then for the exciting part base coat clear coat fj6 .. bought the 71 over roof decals and the 71 over the fender stripes .. they are reflective and white .. pics to come soon ...

this california car only had one little rust spot behind rear wheel, lower driverside . was cut out and replaced .. was about a 2 inch triangle with a arch cut out.. oh and a couple pinholes under the windshield trim... was nice and strait needed very little bondo

newly built 440 .. 4 speed .. 323 sure grip ..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 288
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 282
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 290
here is a pic of her resting under general lee , before body work was started, sorry will have better pictures soon

Attachments

• my 1971.jpg
    my 1971.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 209
this is what she looked like when we said good bye oct 2012

Attachments

• good bye 1.jpg
    good bye 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 181
  • good by.jpg
    good by.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 173
  • good bye 3.jpg
    good bye 3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 178
Nice SSP. I've been looking for my former SSP which was a California car. Just want to make sure this isn't it. The VIN was RP23L1E101620. That's not the VIN of yours is it? Thanks

Nice SSP. I've been looking for my former SSP which was a California car. Just want to make sure this isn't it. The VIN was RP23L1E101620. That's not the VIN of yours is it? Thanks

thanks and
no RP23G1E11**** is mine good luck in ur search

Auto Transport Service
Back