• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Tremec Transmission 69 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer136

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Anyone selling a tremec setup for 69 GTX. Looking to swap from auto to manual. Just thought I would ask just in case. Post pics price.

I just pulled one from a 68 charger for a friend. It would be cheap. He sent it off and had it fixed to shift better. He wanted it to shift like an 833. It never did. The last time they did something to the gears where the removed the synchros. It did not help. He’s got about $7500 in it. It’s got a scattershield with it. I’m wanting it out of my shop. I’m thinking it’s worth about $700 is all.

I just pulled one from a 68 charger for a friend. It would be cheap. He sent it off and had it fixed to shift better. He wanted it to shift like an 833. It never did. The last time they did something to the gears where the removed the synchros. It did not help. He’s got about $7500 in it. It’s got a scattershield with it. I’m wanting it out of my shop. I’m thinking it’s worth about $700 is all.
Bump. Still Looking

yes i have a new never used 5 speed , customer purchased it for his gen 3 but went with a viper 6 speed. I think it a kielser? setup. would have to dig it out of upstairs

Interested. Let me know. Send me some pics. Is it a Tremec? Looking for fitment 69 GTX.

well do , pretty sure it's a tremic

Remember that I still have the complete setup with all the parts. If this guy has a good transmission, I have the shifter, Lakewood scattersheild modified for a Tremec and the crossmember. Those would be easy to ship. We bought a new Lakewood for our hemi 833 and it was almost $1000 Ne͏w͏.

does your shifter mount to the top of the tranny? As this is a top loader style with no outside linkage mounted on the side of the tranny. As I remember

Yes. This came out of a 68 charger. If I remember correctly, he bought an upgraded shifter as well as the handle. It’s just a chrome stick that moves it to the stock angle to fit a Mopar b body.

Here's some pics, let me know what you think?

IMG-5665.JPG

IMG-5666 (1).JPG

IMG-5667.JPG

IMG-5669.JPG

IMG-5670.JPG

IMG-5675.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back