• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick Flow 240 Porting responsibilities

m79ded

Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Anybody port out a set of TFS240 heads? Any feedback? results? Thinking of porting mine but would like some feedback 1st.

Thanks

Anybody port out a set of TFS240 heads? Any feedback? results? Thinking of porting mine but would like some feedback 1st.

Thanks
There is a guy on facebook that is porting a set of the 240 heads now, if you look up Flow Tech 2 he is on there. I don't think he has posted any numbers yet.

There is a guy on facebook that is porting a set of the 240 heads now, if you look up Flow Tech 2 he is on there. I don't think he has posted any numbers yet.
I don't do social media, but it looks like he is expanding the ports on TF 240s to Max Wedge port size.

Larry Smith did mine. (Flow Tech 2)
This was before the 270s came out, he opened them up to MW size, and matched my 337 intake to MW size as well.
The ports were almost a mirror finish, really pretty,
I can't remember, either 360 or 370 cfm @ 700
His price was almost half of any other quote I received.
https://www.facebook.com/Flow-Tech-2-Cylinder-Heads-503146179817895/

Compared to what the CNC finish was, it is much smoother,
just an observation.

good for exhaust and sometimes in some place on the intakes
but general rule of thumb polish gives boundary layer problems whereas a little rough keeps the fuel in suspension better and little eddies right near the port walls
guys using flow benches miss this sometimes as they are not working with wet flow
opening up the intake manifold to the gasket is also usually a waste of time unless you have done a lot of work on the pushrod pinch and the rest of the port
Idk why anyone would open the floor to a MW size or open the floor on a MW-- show me- we used to fill them in and raise the roof
The pics I just looked at do not look like mirror finish polish like we used to do- rough cartridge roll or fine burr is fine
I would like to see a comparison with the OTP heads and the "polished ones"

Last edited:
Larry Smith also did my Eldebrock Super Victor Intake and my Indy SR heads for my dart and I picked up .4tenths and 6mph in the 1/4 mile. He used to Work in NASCAR for Ray Evernham and for Rodger Penske porting heads. He is very good and loves making mopars run.

Larry Smith did mine. (Flow Tech 2)
This was before the 270s came out, he opened them up to MW size, and matched my 337 intake to MW size as well.
The ports were almost a mirror finish, really pretty,
I can't remember, either 360 or 370 cfm @ 700
His price was almost half of any other quote I received.
https://www.facebook.com/Flow-Tech-2-Cylinder-Heads-503146179817895/

What are you using for valley pan gaskets since you opened them up to max wedge size? I was using andy f's ar engineering valley pan and "bat wings" when my 240s were standard size, just wondering what combo you used for valley pan and intake gaskets. Thanks in advance

What are you using for valley pan gaskets since you opened them up to max wedge size? I was using andy f's ar engineering valley pan and "bat wings" when my 240s were standard size, just wondering what combo you used for valley pan and intake gaskets. Thanks in advance
The 337 manifold has a built in valley plate.
I used Superformance gaskets (good stuff right there).
5000672-p4876337.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back