• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trim clips

pola 1964

Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here,my car is a 1962 Dodge Dart,318 engine and I've nearly finished restauration. Now there is a a big problem. I can't get clips for the long rear fender trim goes from taillight to rockers.Also I need rocker clips.
I'm located in Germany and it is impossible to get parts here.

Thank you all

Hans

I ran into the same problem with my rocker moldings--after exhausting my search, I made my own out of stainless steel--carefully measured, drilled the stainless where appropriate, inserted spring clips through the holes and pressed the moldings in place. Works great with no looseness or rattles.
Good luck;
Bob

Attachments

• 1. Satellite left-rear.jpg
    1. Satellite left-rear.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 6. Satellite right-rear.jpg
    6. Satellite right-rear.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 163
You could, of course, just update your fastener method and do what new car makers do; use two sided foam tape. No rattles and very secure. You may have to double up for thicker air gaps.

Some cons - not exactly original, even if nobody can see it.
- could be difficult to remove if needed in future, the tape could be so strong that you bend the metal if not careful.
- you'll need a masking guide or some method of ensuring that it's aligned exactly where you want it, to avoid having it stuck out of place since you're not relying on clips in holes to place it for you.

-=Photon440=-

Oh, and by the way...hello Hans from Germany! Let us see what you're restoring!

Auto Transport Service
Back