• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trim

Sully69

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
Im putting belt molding on my 69RR I have all the pcs except two the rear corner radius. My plan is to make complete chrome ring to say around the windows to match fender well trim. If anyone knows where I can find these two pcs would be appreciated let me know. question: does anyone know how to install the two pcs that go below back windows and do I need to pull the short pcs off the end of rain edge to fit the two radius pcs if I find them? pictures below of back radius and the rear window pc. thanks for any help.

20220522_155200.jpg

20220522_155134.jpg

20220522_155206.jpg

20220528_190328.jpg

A road runner was not available with wheel lip trim, somebody added it to your car.

The trim by the glass is called belt molding. It is different from Coronet to Belvedere cars, the quarters are at a different angle. It is easy to install on the doors, and difficult to install on the quarters. You will need to remove rear seat, rear panels lower and upper, side glass weatherstrip. You will need this access because screws to the body, screws go in from inside the car and point out.

A road runner was not available with wheel lip trim, somebody added it to your car.

The trim by the glass is called belt molding. It is different from Coronet to Belvedere cars, the quarters are at a different angle. It is easy to install on the doors, and difficult to install on the quarters. You will need to remove rear seat, rear panels lower and upper, side glass weatherstrip. You will need this access because screws to the body, screws go in from inside the car and point out.

20220522_155134.jpg

20220522_155200 (1).jpg

20220522_155206 (1).jpg

Just a thought on that rear window corner piece. It looks a lot like the piece from a Charger. Might be worth a parts book search to see if it is the same part number for a Charger and Satellite. If it is the Charger piece will be easier to find.

Charger trim is wider, not the same as any other car.

Coronet has a different radius on the curve than satellite.

Auto Transport Service
Back