• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk extensions install question.

Hemi2Much

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Is it possible to replace trunk drop-down extensions without cutting the outer quarter panel?
My quarters are pretty solid and due to trying to keep the original paint is it possible to do just from the underside of the car?
Mine is a 1966 Coronet.
I would be fine with just blending in some paint on the lip mold and wheel opening lip but I'd like to keep the outside quarter panel original without touchup paint.

I've looked up videos on how others are doing it but I can't find anything where they are not replacing the entire trunk floor or replacing the quarters and drop-down trunk extensions at the same time.

I suppose like anything it's possible. Seems like it would be a total bitch though.
Eager to see what the experts on here think.

Cut the extension on the side and section in the lower portion. If that is all that is required. The whole thing can be done, but it is a lot of small space work.

Auto Transport Service
Back