• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk extentions

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Hi. On a 65 Satellite , I,m installing a trunk floor pan and extentions, do the extentions go on the outside or inside of the floor pan lip. Thanks in advance

Interesting question. The original is a one piece unit so there is no lip. On the seperate pieces don't think it would make a difference.

Well on the AMD. There are 3 indents both on trunk and extentions, one has to slide into one or the other ?

Nobody put trunk pans in?

I don't know the answer to your question....but I do know this. Trunk pan extensions are something you see installed wrong ALOT. You need to measure the distance between the bottoms of the quarters where the extensions attach before you remove the old ones. So many times, I've seen where people replace the extensions and then don't "roll" the bottoms of the quarters in correctly and it looks like ***.

Auto Transport Service
Back