• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk floor

Bee383

Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 super bee that has some rust in the trunk floor.it's not something I can do myself.any idea what kind of labor cost I can expect to pay?the rust is in the lower part of the pan.is there such a thing as a patch or better to just replace the floor?thanks for any replies.david

Personally i like to leave as much of the factory stuff as possible.If it was me and it is just bad in the lower,thats all i would replace.I would cut it so you could butt weld the new section in.If you go with a full pan there is a ton of spot welds and will cost you big time.I think it would take me a good solid 10 hr day to do it if there is no trouble removing the gas tank,If the welds need to be ground figure another day.At $35.00 minimum a hr.$350 labor plus the $200 for the pan.

Personally i like to leave as much of the factory stuff as possible.If it was me and it is just bad in the lower,thats all i would replace.I would cut it so you could butt weld the new section in.If you go with a full pan there is a ton of spot welds and will cost you big time.I think it would take me a good solid 10 hr day to do it if there is no trouble removing the gas tank,If the welds need to be ground figure another day.At $35.00 minimum a hr.$350 labor plus the $200 for the pan.
Thank you for the advice.it is just the lower part of the floor in a few of the channels that run from front to back.so I assume I need to get a full floor and just use what I need?thanks again,david

Auto Transport Service
Back