• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk weatherseal

The rear window was not out so I'm thinking the glass seal. Going to get in the trunk next and have somebody wet it down so I can see exactly whats going on
Keep us posted, your not the only one with a leaky trunk!

Check back when you get it located, be interesting to learn where leak is. Good luck.

To check you trunk seal. Take a dollar bill & leave 1/2 sticking out , shut the lid, it should pull out but not easy, keep moving around the seal to find the dust/ water leak, that and like posted , tail lamp extension housing gaskets.
I have used steal brand and soff seal both without problems.

Update: Got in the trunk myself yesterday evening and the steel rubber seal is doing it's job, no leaks around the seal. Bad news is that it's coming from the right side of the back window. Now to get the glass out and take a closer look without trashing the molding or paint. Might be taking it to a auto glass professional, if the car needed paint, I wouldn't hesitate but i dont know if I trust myself that much or not

i like the wife thing in the trunk lol. bt do yourself a favor use white shoe polish go around the deck lid them shut it when you open it you will see all the spots on the rubber that is not sealing. cleaning rubber is easy use a wet rag and the shoe polish will come off.

If you remember this episode there was a trunk that contains alvins wife. Wonder if that's the kinda trunk he meant.lol.

If you look up from inside the trunk you may be able to see a rust spot at the corner of the rear window and seal it from the bottom.

Update: Got in the trunk myself yesterday evening and the steel rubber seal is doing it's job, no leaks around the seal. Bad news is that it's coming from the right side of the back window. Now to get the glass out and take a closer look without trashing the molding or paint. Might be taking it to a auto glass professional, if the car needed paint, I wouldn't hesitate but i dont know if I trust myself that much or not

Best case, the seam where the quarter and dutchman meet is cracked and leaking. Worst might be a rust hole in the same area. Gotta pull that rear window and have a look.

Best case, the seam where the quarter and dutchman meet is cracked and leaking. Worst might be a rust hole in the same area. Gotta pull that rear window and have a look.
agree. Waiting for better weather on that though

Didn't we talk about this at the Nat's in 2018(?),lol. You have a lot of patience. You'll figure it out! Jeff

Didn't we talk about this at the Nat's in 2018(?),lol. You have a lot of patience. You'll figure it out! Jeff
yep, this post is pretty old but it's low priority since the car is never in the rain. I usually just use detailer instead of washing it anyway. Almost positive it's the glass seal.

Auto Transport Service
Back