• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk

green 66

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Could someone post some pics of their completed trunk? Finally have all the pieces to install the jack assembly but don't know how it's supposed to look.Its for my 66 belvedere.Thanks

Well after 25 years I thought it would be a good time to see if the spare was flat. Guess what it was flat. Your post got me to do it. If you read post say you read it.
The lug wrench is held down by the tire. I have it to the rear, you may be able to see hex end sticking out lower right corner. Missing is the tire cover hold down. It's cone shaped and flat on the bottom. There's a hole to thread on to the stud to hold tire cover down. It has a bar across the top so you can screw it down. I couldn't screw it on spare to wide, it's around someplace. The small hole in picture 3 is a grab hole to raise cover.
Spare1.jpg
Spare2.jpg
Spare3.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I have everything but the cover hold down. Any idea where I can get one?

Thanks Fran- I have the cover but need the round hold down and nut. Thanks

That's a want to buy item. 66/67 repo stuff is limited, good luck.

I need the same hold down parts for my '66 Belvedere. Glad I clicked on your thread.

The ebay vendor didn't know the diameter, doesn't stock part. He must ship from manufacture or somebody's warehouse? This is another vendor I'm going to call him.
http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ST618

Called above vendor O.D. 2-15/16 to 3" hole in my hold down cover 2-7/8 or so will re-measure soon.

Last edited:
I went through his listings nada.
I started this ebay search in April about the 23rd.
"1966 Belvedere spare tire cover hold down" in vintage car and truck parts. This was listed as for a Dart so there's more out there.
I'll keep the search, but won't bid on any. Will post it if there is another on ebay. I'll put this up for sale if I find mine. I have $27.19 in it.

Edit: Might do the search in all categories, one was sold in May $11.17. It was listed as from a Charger.

Last edited:
I found one off a c- body and everything works.Ray at Halifax shops had the round cap.Any wing nut should work

If you what a factory look believe they used stamped steel not the solid ones. Bet you got it cheaper than I.

Auto Transport Service
Back