• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to go original

David Tisco

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I have purchased 1969 dodge charger off of a friend of mine, who is going through a divorce. He bought the car back in 1982 and started to do a restoration, and then put it on the side for the next thousand years. I bought it off of him in 2012 and it has been sitting in my garage for the past 11 years. I am officially starting the restoration. I should have done it years ago when pieces or more available and much more cheaper. ( thank you, China ). I am looking for the original engine, I have no idea when it was replaced, but it was placed before 1980 in the New York area. I have been searching high and low and if anybody comes across the numbers for this engine, I would greatly appreciate it. Last 6 are 362658. It would be a dream come true to find this block. It’s a 1969 Dodge charger, RT. 440 automatic. It’s a very big haystack, but who knows?

444A1E35-EDAF-4B0D-8FF4-89A9C7B706F4.jpeg

FF148601-0751-4628-9348-173D6732DA87.jpeg

E7217C09-3ECC-43C6-B273-6B7F3FC6CA74.jpeg

4A39C080-74BB-4944-BFFD-50D3F236FCAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck

Good luck
Thank you. I wish I filled my library first, I’d suggest that to all new car guys. I’ve wasted so much money and time on mistakes. Even worse is buying car parts that are wrong but putting them aside for a long while so they are no longer under warranty or returnable. Right now I buy parts as I’m about to use them so that if there’s a problem it could be taken care of in a timely basis.

Good luck with that. Don't let that dream hold up your build or you will never get to drive that beast. Too many years have already gone by...

Looks like a nice motor in the picture. Run what you have. You will enjoy driving it more than working on it. It looks "close" !!

Good luck. That needle just got a lot bigger by putting it out there on this forum. You just never know your luck.

images-12.jpeg

With the Gov's mandates towards EV's,
a matching numbers block would be
the least of your worries. After
deciding to pull the trigger on getting
that gorgeous car restored, plan out
the build, and only order parts for the
particular system that's next on the
list. Engine, cooling, brakes...etc.
Willy-nilly ordering parts will only
set the build back in time needed
to complete.
Great people here, that can help
you get this process organized.
Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
With the Gov's mandates towards EV's,
a matching numbers block would be
the least of your worries. After
deciding to pull the trigger on getting
that gorgeous car restored, plan out
the build, and only order parts for the
particular system that's next on the
list. Engine, cooling, brakes...etc.
Willy-nilly ordering parts will only
set the build back in time needed
to complete.
Great people here, that can help
you get this process organized.
Best of luck to you!
You are absolutely right, this world is changing faster than we ever wanted it to

Auto Transport Service
Back